Go Bottom

Gator starting issues

View my Photos
25vtwin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-28          167765

Gator don't won't to start. Will start if you spray starting fluid in breather. Have to keep choke on and it has a strong fuel smoke whenever it is running. I took the carb apart and ran a wire through the holes but it didn't help.Also replaced plug. Need some suggestions.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator starting issues

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-12-29          167776

What year and model Gator are we working on? You said you replaced the plug, does that mean there is only one? Did you just get it, or have you had it awhile? I have an idea, but need to know model. ....

Gator starting issues

View my Photos
25vtwin

2009-12-29          167798

I think it is a 2001. The man that bought it new had a lung transplant right after he bought it and it has been setting up. It has about 15 hours on it. It has the kawasaki fe29od motor. I have replaced the plug. The smoke is a strong smoke(fuel). The gator is spotless. I thought about just buying a new carb for it if all else fells. I gave $3000 for it and it has the top and windshield on it. ....

Gator starting issues

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-12-30          167803

Not too many things it could be. Take the air filter system off the Gator and make sure it is completely open. Mice can crawl in the frame rail and build a nest in the intake. Other thing is the needle and seat in the carb. Sometimes the needle will get build up on it and won't seal the fuel inlet up correctly. You need to pull the float off and check the needle and seat. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login