Go Bottom

gator and fuel injection

View my Photos
pony976
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-03          167890

Probably best answered by Gatoraider but here goes...anyone ever tried to update a normally aspirated kawi fd620D to fuel injection? Can it be done with the stock parts from a 620i? The reason I ask is that there are parts listed on ebay for a 620i that siezed (injection stuff, control module etc.)and my carbed gator has been acting cranky in this cold weather here in PA.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

gator and fuel injection

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-01-04          167891

My guess is you COULD do it, but there is alot more to it than the parts listed on ebay. Engine wiring harness, chassis wiring harness, all new intake system, various sensors, I know there is a high volume fuel pump mounted cross ways behind the seats, etc. I'm afraid the cost of the incidentals after you got into it would turn the project sour. My advice would be tweak the carb on yours, or a new set of plugs, or some 93 octane gas, or a new air filter, or.................. ....

gator and fuel injection

View my Photos
pony976

2010-01-04          167892

My main reason was that the gator is I believe a 99 with about a bazillion hours. Maybe I'll just do a complete engine swap with the 24hp kawi from small engine warehouse. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login