Go Bottom

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
frosty
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-02          168347

Bought good used 01 gator 4x6. Has manual bed lift Other than the J.D 800 actuator. What is the cheapest and best way to elec. or hydra. raise bed. Northern,Bailey hydra. places? I can weld/make brackets and run wires.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-02          168352

Somewhere read about a person who used the lift (tilt and trim?) from an outboard motor for his. That is as far as I can tell you. ....

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
jbjpam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-05          168385

That was me.
If this link does not work just search for my name (jbjpam)
for the thread that talks about it. There are some photos on my profile too. Good luck.

http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractorreview/fullThread.pl?parentnum=156150 ....

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
frosty

2010-02-06          168404

o.k, so you have installed a hydraulic cylinder. Pump and all? I was looking more to a elec. setup where wouldn't have the pump,cylinder,hoses and etc. which if had to buy would probably be as much as dealer setup. Thanks very much though. I am looking at maybe another setup. I'll post how it goes when get it. It is not a total lift but assists lifting. Thanks ....

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-02-06          168415

Frosty;
If you can build something on your own whether it be electric or hydraulic try to design it to be better than the original Deere electric screw type lift, they just weren't heavy enough for real use.
Our first Gator had the Deere electric lift, it was fine to dump a load of leaves, grass clippings etc. When farmes like myself bought them to put to work hauling hay bales, rocks, gravel, etc. those screw lift things bent over like a pretzel and the price of a new one from Deere caused a Malox Moment. The later models had a much improved hoist, we've never broken one of them, "Yet". ....

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
frosty

2010-02-06          168419

O.K, Good to know. Looking for a elec. actuator type from supplier or etc. that will hold up. I can fab. the brackets etc. Saw one on Northern tools but reviews show it was to weak also. ....

New owner ques bed lift

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-02-06          168421

Frosty, I would think you could find a used lift kit for an outboard. They also has an electic set up for opening a gate. No idea who they would compare. You also might find a pump kit for hyd dump trailer. Boy that might be an over kill., ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login