Go Bottom

2006 HPX diesel 4X4 will not start

View my Photos
hpxdrbob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-29          170417

Was out riding and got stuck in a sand pit. Shut off machine and went to get strap for extra length for winch to tree. Attempted to start and winch out of pit and machine would not turn over. Battery good, lights horn etc all good. Just heard clicking noise when I attempted to start. Winched out of sand pit on battery power only and dragged out of woods with truck. Please help with starter problem. Is it solenoid, neutral switch or what? Machine has 176 hours, barely used. I am original owner and do most all maintenance myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-04-29          170420

Can you turn the motor one complete revolution with the clutch by hand? When you turn the key on does the glo plug light come on and time out? Can you feel the solenoids and isolate the click you hear when you try to start it? Does the starter engage with the motor at all? ....

View my Photos
hpxdrbob

2010-04-29          170426

Gator is a few miles away on the farm. But I can answer some of your questions. Yes the Glow plug lights do come on and time out. Not sure where the clicking noise is coming from but it sounded more up front instead of back by the starter. I will go and try to turn the flywheel by hand and see what happens. I saw your other post relating to a starter problem on a Gator 4X6 and that also gave me some ideas to check out if the HPX is similar. Thanks for the quick post. ....

View my Photos
hpxdrbob

2010-04-30          170458

Good News! Raised the bed and using a bright light I saw a wire dangling by the starter and a flat prong so I plugged the wire back onto the prong and it started! I never expected it to be that simple. Thanks for your help. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login