Go Bottom

loss of horse power on pro gator 2020

View my Photos
joe331982
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-14          171534

while unloading gravel off of my pro gator, a few rocks fell in front of the engine where the belt is. the rock got lodged in between the crank pulley and the belt and twisted the belt. after i got the rock out and twisted the belt back into place the gator was very hesitant to start and seemed to have an extreme lack of power, like almost stalling while going up a small hill. now its very hard to start and when it does it still has very little power. ive sprayed carb cleaner in the throttle body and cleaned what i could but i still have no luck getting the power back. any thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-06-15          171549

I'm not familiar with Yanmar gas motors, but it sounds like your rock has created a timing issue. Maybe partially sheared a key on the crank or something like that. ....

View my Photos
birdleg

2010-06-16          171591

we have a cpl progators at my shop. i would check the trigger or triggers depending on what model you have. they mount around the front crank of the engine. they are mounted with 2 allen head bolts, they tell the engine when to fire and a thrown belt or rock can easily break one. hope this helps ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login