Go Bottom

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
cedyedy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-05          178856

Hi , I have the Gator Deisel 6 by 4 Today I started it and it would not shut down So i Fideled wth the wires going to the starter. One seemd to be broken partly Red wire with a BL tracer. So I reconected it Now With the Key in the Off position the lights on dash are on and I start it and it will not shut down . So I disconected the broken wire again and the engine will start and stop normaly. If the engine is off Key off and I conect the wire it makes a klick at the center Elec cube on the frame with the two other little boxes I did disconect the wire looms and cleaned them with Elec Moter Cleaner and blew them out Any idias Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-06          178866

There is no red/bl wire,shown on the wiring diagram,going to the starter. Someone must have added it for some reason. Center cube is either the start relay or the glo plug timing module. ....

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
cedyedy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-06          178875

There are several wires with the red with bl tracer going to all black wires to the cyilinoid All hot They seem stock they all have that flat end with a cover on the wire I think you are correct to say the center cube is starter relay ....

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
cedyedy

2011-06-06          178876

Red with black Tracer it goes to the Middle cube I do not think anyone did anything to this gator It was so neglected I just got it but it runs real nice ....

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
cedyedy

2011-06-06          178884

You are correct The red wire with black tracer is no where to be found once it goes into the loom I was added or splced to a wire I can not see. It seems everything works fine without it although not sure about the charging or the fan, I undrstand it takes a lot of time for the fan to kick in But it was conected or partly conected Any one have a Wire Digram for the 4by 6 Gator I think year 2000 ....

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
TheOldMan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-08-21          179943

I have 96 6x4 diesel same exact problem, same red wire with black tracer. Haven't had a chance to chase it down. Would appreciate any help. ....

Will not shut off Unless

View my Photos
spyder

2011-08-22          179966

Full tech manual available at this link:-

http://www.equinet.co.nz/john%20deere/TM1518.pdf ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login