Go Bottom

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
cedyedy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-08          178913

Can anyone give advice? I have the gator 4 by 6 The spring on the secondary clutch was twisted so I bought a new spring, I have the clutch off. How do you take it apart. It looks like the flange closest to the Trans is pressed on I have a three prong gear puller with a heavy washer over the splines Can it be taken apart that way. John deere told me it only comes off with there special tool and it cost 160.00 to take it apart Thank you Hope to get help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-09          178914

It has to be disassembled with a press. There is a set screw that has to be removed first. Getting it apart is easy, getting it back together, not so easy. ....

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
cedyedy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-06-09          178918

Where is the set screw Is it where it looks like there is a round pin so the hub does not spin? ....

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-06-09          178925

That's it.............. ....

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
cedyedy

2011-06-09          178926

Thanks, I will give it a try , Every one I have called says they just replace the whole clutch ....

Clutch disasemble

View my Photos
cedyedy

2011-06-09          178929

Hi Gatoraider,Well I did it but I did not take it apart.Coulden't get it apart Fear of snapping the flange I cut the old spring out and literary screwed the new spring into it It works I just live to far out to have it repaired. Thanks for your help ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login