Go Bottom

John Deere Gator clutch replacement decsion

View my Photos
highflier450
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-05          183019

I have a 6x4 gas, recently got very jerky, jumpy as you accelerate. The belt was worn so guessed that was it, replaced, but not much better. I'm guessing now it must be the clutch. I never looked at the clutch when it was newer so have nothing to compare it to, does the primary clutch likely need replaced or are there internal parts I might be able to swap out?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
highflier450
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-04-05          183025

I jacked up the rear end and pulled the cover off the clutch so I could see what is happening. As the accelerator is pushed, the clutch slides in as it should (I think), however the whole engine/trans assembly shakes as if something is out of balance in the mid range, smoothing out as it reaches what would be full speed. The shaking returns as deceleration brings it back to an idle. ....

View my Photos
spyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-04-05          183028

Have you checked the bolts holding the engine and transaxle to the frame? Also, there is a rod that goes between the two - is it connected properly (not loose)? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login