Go Bottom

Starting John Deere 620i

View my Photos
gagaid99
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-14          185960

I would greatly appreciate some opinions on this! I have a JD gator 620i that I have been working on for the last week and a half. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to working on vehicles. I know just about the basics of troubleshooting. I had just changed the battery and had it up and running fine. I drove over to the barn and was going to put gas in it and i left the engine running as I did so. it shut off as I was filling up. I am wondering if I could have possibly put bad gas in it so I syphoned the gas out and put in new. It still would not work. I thought maybe I flooded it so I took the spark plug out and it smelled of gasoline. I cleaned the spark plug. It didn't work. Do I need to get a new one? Is it possible that their is gas in the oil? Keep in mind that it was working perfectly before I put gas in it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Starting John Deere 620i

View my Photos
Zodrow

2013-12-11          188442

Is the plug wet after you try starting it. If so you might want to get a new plug. If not you might have a clogged fuel filter. Hopefully not a bad fuel pump
Also check to make sure you have spark ....

Starting John Deere 620i

View my Photos
hardwood

2013-12-12          188444

The gas you were adding would have to be pretty bad to stop it dead while you were adding the new gas.
A 620i is fuel injected so you have no carburetor to deal with.
It doesn't seem a fuel filter would clog that quickly.
Have you checked the power to the fuel pump?

Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login