Go Bottom

AMT 622 No Speed

View my Photos
ric44us
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-07-20          187667

Hey guys Ive replaced the belt and the motor seems to be hitting the correct rpms. The secondary clutch seems free- I can twist the halves and can see movement when in neutral revving it up.It also runs the belt to the top. The primary clutch is wore some mostly the spider.......the studs arent round like they should be and are somewhat egged. Spring tension seems good and it still narrows as rpms increase. But the belt on the primary goes nowhere near the top even at max rpms.There is just no speed to speak of, nowhere near the advertised 20mph. Im baffled by this ? Any ideas? Thanks PS It picks up speed going downhill almost like it shifts into another gear but then slows again on a grade.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

AMT 622 No Speed

View my Photos
spyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-07-21          187687

Like the Gator, it will just freewheel when going downhill, hence picking up speed.
I'm not sure about this being a cause of your problem, but did you put the belt on the right way round? It has an arrow pointing towards the front. ....

AMT 622 No Speed

View my Photos
ric44us

2013-07-22          187694

Yeah at first I didnt even realize the belt was directional and installed it backward, but turned it around the next day with no change in speed. ....

AMT 622 No Speed

View my Photos
ric44us

2013-08-09          187821

Bumped the rpms up by readjusting the throttle cable and made a big difference in the top speed. The primary clutch spider studs being worn so bad gives me cause for concern. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login