Go Bottom

2003 4310

View my Photos
PTB1957
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-10          103921

Looking for pricing info on 4310 with 100 hours, ehydro, 430 loader, 72" mower. Also, experience with this model/year please?
Thanks-

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2003 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-10          103925

I haven't been tracking pricing, but for all that I'd guess in the area of $20k. I have a 2003 like you describe w/MFWD and really like it. No problems to speak of. Watch the radiator and area around the battery, they're a little prone to corrosion from battery outgassing. There are solutions if you go this route. There was a factory recall on the eHydro - mine wasn't affected but if you give a dealer the serial number of the unit you're looking at they can tell you if that one is. Also, the 4310 is being replaced with a new model and dealers may be VERY willing to deal on price so you might check out the diff between a used and new one. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-10          103928

I have a 2002 4410 eHydro. Very similar model. I am VERY happy with mine. Ken already mentioned the battery corrosion issue. An issue that effects a few folks that misuse the tractor unknowingly is hard/heavy back blading with these machines. The transmission case and rear axle housings are made of aluminum and you can break the rockshaft mounts off of the rear axle housings if you get rough with the back blading or shock load these mounts in a nonpulling application. Very rare but can be done. The best price you could come up with on a new model would be MSRP minus 25% (don't expect this as more like 10 - 15% is likely) A used model such as the one you mention would be around $16,000 give or take for the tractor and figure around $2500 for the FEL and $2000 for the 72" MMM. Bare in mine I am on the low end of the price range.

The eHydro takes a little getting used to but I love mine. The MMM is very easy to remove and install as is the FEL. Just keep up with all of the services and it should be fine. I would suggest buying the shop manual, block heater, and trans oil heater if it does not already have them. (especially in your area) The front and rear facing dual work lights are a good add on as well. If you plan to do any bruch work such as rotary cutting or working in area's where stick, vines, etc. can hang up in the undercarriage; DEFINTELY get the rental upgrade skid plate kit. (be adviced that you must remove the MMM, mount frame and hydraulics to install it) Or just be very careful so as not to get the wiring on the undercarriage of the machine hung up as it can be expensive to repair torn out wiring.

Overall, I think the 4310 is a real good machine and the best value of the mid frame 4000 Ten Series machines. I think you will be very satisfied with it. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
Ardician

2005-01-10          103935

I have the 2003 4310 and its great. I don't have ehydro and my loader is the 420, but I have no complaints. You will love it. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
PTB1957
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-10          103950

Thanks for the input! Any thoughts on turf tires? I'm afraid ag tires will tear up/make marks on the lawn. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-01-10          103959

You got that part right.

Ag tires and lawns don't mix very well. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2005-01-11          103978

If the primary use is mowing grass and turf related I would go with the turf tires. Get the R-4 industrial tires if you have a mix of tasks. That R-4 tires are not perfect on turf but MUCH better with respect to tearing up the turf. They are not near as good as the R-1 ag tires with respect to traction in sloppy or muddy conditions but much better than turf tires in this area. R-4 tires are next to worthless in snow and ice without chains and lots of weight. More or less the R-4's are a decent compromise between the R-1 ag tires and turf tires. You will have to consider what will work best for you. I have the R-4 industrial tires. ....

2003 4310

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-01-11          103980

If you are thinking lawn, snow and ice then Turf is the way to go. Since the machine you are looking at is so heavy even Turf tires will leave some marking on a lawn that is wet, or too sharp or fast of a turn on dry lawns as well. Usually turfs on this size machine are much more agressive than what you would see on a subcompact. You have to figure out where your maximum use is. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login