Go Bottom

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
nissan197
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-14          113467

What would a fair price be for a 1996 JD 955 4wd. I spoke to the owner who is selling and he said it has less than 300 hours. It has turf tires all around, mid/rear pto, will come with unknown brand 5' brush hog, rear blade and a FEL. Owner is saying it is a 33 hp and he has had no problems with it. It also is HST. I will be taking a look at it tomorrow. He is asking 12,500. I purchased 10 acres of land not too long ago and it will be used mostly for mowing, but after building I am sure I will find many uses for it. Good fit? Price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-14          113469

Sounds like a fair price. Machinerylink lists one in good condition at 12.2k but their prices are often a little high. With the implements I'd say you in pretty good shape. ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
denwood

2005-07-14          113470

They are very good tractors (Yanmars) and it should be a fine size for your property. You should be able to tell if it really has close to 300 hours by the condition and it should be really good with little wear on anything. The price sounds fair and it is what he is asking, cash talks, offer less. Certainly don't start above $11,000. ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
JD service tech

2005-07-19          113653

The 955 was not built by yanmar like the 90 series is. The 955 was built in augusta GA just like the 4000 series. there is a big difference.
Jonathan ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
denwood

2005-07-20          113684

To play along, lets assume the 955 was made in Georgia. I still don't believe it. If the Yanmar tractors are excellent as everyone knows they are, and there is a "big difference" between the Yanmars and the Georgia tractors, it must mean that the 955 is junk so stay away????? ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
JD service tech

2005-07-20          113686

The yanmar tractors are a basic tractor, with no frills. If 90 series appeals to you go for it. They are built just as good as the 4010, and 3020 series tractors built in Augusta. John Deere wouldnt put there name on them if they were not. ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
JD service tech

2005-07-20          113687

I know for a fact that the 955 was built in the US, I talked to a JD factory Rep that told me they started building them for the first few year in horicon, WI, and then built them in Augusta, when that plant was finshed. ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-20          113694

The 55 series were completely built by Yanmar of Japan, Then shipped to the US for Assembly and painting. That is why the only problems with the 55 series was Assembly and paint pealing.

David ....

RE PRICE OF 4WD 955

View my Photos
denwood

2005-07-20          113702

I guess the real clarity needs to be put in terms of built, manufactured, and assembled. Built is ambigious. The 55 series was BETTER because it was manufactured in Japan, not "just as good". Not to blame the tech guy, he is trying to be a team player and is just going on what he was told. JD really does not want to play up the Japan part. It is the same reason the Prism was so much better than other GM products, it was just a Toyota Corolla rebadged, although if you follow the auto auctions, that rebadge costs in its name alone compared to the Toyota. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login