Go Bottom

950 price question

View my Photos
schunter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-23          116820

i looked at a nice clean jd 950 today. it was a 1986 model with 737 hours. the tractor looks better than some i have seen with 200 hours.
it is 2wd. the people bought a 790 with fel to replace it. they have a jd650 and a 60+hp international too. only the 950 is for sale and all of the tractors were in above average condition. they have the manual.
they have owned it for 3 years and have rebuilt the starter, replaced the overflow bottle and recently repaired the right rear brake b/c it was sticking. everything works properly.
hydro was serviced at 300 and 600 hours. prior owner changed the oil and filter every 25 hours. they now do it every 100 hours but use it more often than the prior owner.
the tractor has just a few dings and scratches and the tires are in good shape although original.

asking price is $6300 and they seemed firm.

is this fair?

thanks in advance. i might need to act soon so please reply asap.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

950 price question

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-23          116822

It has a hydro transmission? I didn't know 950s were available with those. Price seems average to decent. You don't want a loader? 2WD and loaders don't work well together. ....

950 price question

View my Photos
schunter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-23          116824

it is a gear drive. i need it mostly for bush hogging.
i will get a different tractor with a front end loader later.
this tractor would suit my needs for a while.

950 price question

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-23          116825

To get some comparable pricing go to machinefinder dot com and search the listings for 950's. There are 8-10 on there now. I think those are all dealer asking prices so actual selling price is likely a bit lower. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login