Go Bottom

john deere 1010

View my Photos
whitehawkfarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-24          129790

Hey everyone, I just bought a John deere 1010 with loader. It seems like a nice machine. I'm just wondering if any of you can tell me what it is worth - I paid 3900.00. Eveything with a loader that I have looked at was big bucks, besides this machine should run forever! What do you think?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

john deere 1010

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-24          129797

Should make a good antique restoration project. That machine is around 50 years old. The price sounds pretty high unless it had been restored or partially restored in the past or is just a rare and well cared for machine. By the way........... you paid around $500 more for it than it cost new. ;O) Just kidding! It is kinda tough to give a price range on antique machines like this. If she is in good shape and gets the job done for you, and you are happy with it; I think you done pretty good. Below is a little info. from Tractor Tips:

Tractor Details for JOHN DEERE 1010 .

Tractor Details On File

Years Made: 1960-1965
Horsepower - PTO: 36
Horsepower - Engine:
Horsepower - Drawbar: 30
Horsepower - Range: 36
Engine - Make: JD
Engine - Fuel: GAS
Engine - Cyl(s) - CID: 4/115.5
Transmission - Standard: SG
Optional:
Forward / Reverse Standard: 5/1
Forward / Reverse Optional:
MFWD - Standard / Optional:
Tires Standard - Front: 5.00-15
Tires Standard - Rear: 12.4-28
Wheelbase - Inches: 70
PTO Type: IND
3pt Hitch Cat I: True
3pt Hitch Cat II: False
3pt Hitch Cat III: False
Hitch Lift:
Hydraulics - Type: OPEN
Hydraulics - Cap: 4.5
Hydraulics - Flow:
Hydraulics - Standard Outlets:
Cooling Capacity: 2.75
Fuel Tank Capacity: 12
Cab Standard:
Weight: 3923
New Price: $3,362.00

Serial Numbers On File

Serial: 43900 | Year: 1964 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK
Serial: 52722 | Year: 1965 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK
Serial: 10001 | Year: 1960 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK
Serial: 13692 | Year: 1961 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK
Serial: 23630 | Year: 1962 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK
Serial: 32188 | Year: 1963 | Plate Location: PLATE ON RH SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK

john deere 1010

View my Photos
whitehawkfarm

2006-05-24          129799

Hi, and thanks for giving me the information. It is all restored and has new muffler, starter cel, battery and a new loader. It seems to start right up...we'll see when it gets cold :) I had a feeling it might have been a bit high but it runs so quiet, no smoke or shake and the loader stays put and seems to have no leaks. I've used lots of machines but this is the first I have bought on my own. I'm a girl and I think he "saw me coming" but still - it seems to run great but I won't really know until I get to really using it. Thanks again...can't believe I paid more than it was new! ....

john deere 1010

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-25          129801

Whitehawkfarm, if the machine was restored, then I would say that depending upon what all was done in the restoration; you got a pretty good deal. My remark about the price was a poke at how inflation has taken the prices of everything to heights none of us thought possible. In the early 1960's $3,362 would probably come out to 5 or 6 times that amount in todays dollars if buying a comparable tractor. Again, if this machine does the tasks you put it to; then you are getting the job done a LOT cheaper than buying a new or used late model machine. Use it an enjoy! ....

john deere 1010

View my Photos
whitehawkfarm

2006-05-25          129804

After reading your post I did a search on this tractor model and found one source that sited "...extensive testing was not done on this model, and it has been considered by some to be the one of the worst JD tractors ever made." OUCH - but this morning it started right up (smoked for a minute or two) and I did some basic work. Thanks again, I think I'll be learning a lot with this machine. ....

john deere 1010

View my Photos
Chief

2006-05-25          129805

The 10 series had its share of growing pains. Many of these bugs were worked out with the 20 series and follow ons. In fact, the John Deere 4020 is arguably one of the most sought after used tractors on the market. A 3020 or 4020 would be a bit on the large side but a very good farm tractor. The 1010 and 2010 I believe only came equipped with gas engines. Diesel in my opinion is far better for ag use. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login