Go Bottom

John Deere 3320 Front End Loader fel brush cutter Prices

View my Photos
Homedog23
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-21          143106

I have been quoted $19615 for a JD33320 with 300CX CP loader (price includes ballast box and upgrade to heavy duty 61in bucket), 2280.90 for a JD665 Rotary Tiller, $1367.00 for a Frontier Rc1060 Rotary Cutter and $600 for Frontier RB2072 rear Blade. Prices do not include tax. I have been to 2 dealers. Is there more I can get or are these prices good. This is my first tractor so anything you can share would be great. I also am considering the IMatch rear Hitch for $200.000 is it worth it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-21          143109

If you plan to do any fencing, you may want to look at a post hole digger (auger) or if you decide to go with a larger ag tractor, a post driver. Price on your 3320 sounds about right. Just have to shop around and compare. The cutter sounds about $250 too high. The tiller is about $100 to $125 too high. Rear blade is about $100 too high. A good post hole digger (not the cheapee's at TSC and others) with a 9 inch bit should run in the neighborhood of $1,200 give or take.

I would recommend going with an MX-5 or similar grade rotary cutter. It will hold up better and last a LOT longer. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-22          143113

Homedog; I don't keep up on prices unless I'm in the market for something, but I don't think the package price you quote sounds too bad. I would however make a few changes in the equiment you are buying. First forget the ballast box and buy a three point hitch box blade with just the manual adjust scarifier teeth, I'd stick with a major brand like Land Pride, they cost a bit more but they are built heavier add quite a bit of weight compared to a fleet store brand, plus they are nearly indestructable, I haven't bent or broke mine in several years of tough use. It will serve the same purpose as the ballast box and it will amaze you with how much dirt you can move with one of them. Chief's advice on the MX5 is good, I've had one for several years and they are a tough machine. Careful as you may be you will still forget that hidden stump or stone that would likely destroy or badly damage a low dollar cutter. Deere also sells the lower cost LX series cutters, but I don't think they would be much better than a fleet store brand. Not knowing your age or if you have any physical limitations will dictate whether you buy the Imatch hitch. I'm big on Land Pride brand equipment so my quick coupler is a Land Pride, but regardless of the brand trying to push a machine the size of an MX5 cutter around to line up the hitch points is a struggle. I've seen some literature on an automatic Power Take Off hookup device that Deere has recently announced to further ease the hook up of PTO powered Imatch equipment like the MX5 or the tiller. I haven't actually saw one but it does sound intertesting. Frank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login