Go Bottom

What is it worth - JD 4300

View my Photos
ridejd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-03          147695

Can someone give me an idea what a John Deere 4300 with 430 FEL, 72" Mid Mower, R4 tires and approximately 500 hours is worth? Private owner is asking $17,500 which seems high to me.

Are there any issues with this model I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-11-04          147704

Ridejd; A few questions first about the 4300. What year is it, is it a four wheel drive, hydro drive or 12/12 reverser? A few were sold with two wheel drive, that takes the value WAY down. The very first 4300's with four wheel drive had a problem with the steering geometery that caused them to scuff the lawn, I think Deere replaced all those type front axles, but double check. A hydto drive will make it a bit more valuable, but not much. The 430 loaders were a good loader, the main frame, bucket, etc can be sprung from abuse, but it takes big time abuse to hurt one. Look at the welds, look for frame cracks. Park it on a level spot and lower the bucket till it almost touches the ground, is it level with the ground? If so it is likely OK. I can't tell you much about the mid mount mower, I've never had one on a compact tractor. My dealer highly recommended a rear mount finish mower because of the ease of mounting compared to a mid mount. Mine is a Land Pride 72 inch. by having a quick coupler on the three point of the tractor I can have the rear mohnt finish mower on or off in a couple minutes all from a standing position. The next issue is who are you buying the tractor from, do you know the person? Did they buy it new? Can they furnish service records, etc? It is sad that in todays business world theves and swindlers have also gotten into the world of compact tractors, make the seller produce a bill of sale or the paid note from Deere or a bank if it was financed. Now to your main question, is the price right? If everything checks out to be good I think it would be tough to find one at a dealer for much less. They are a popular tractor, when I traded my 4300 for the 4310, the dealer had it sold before it left my shed. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
ridejd

2007-11-04          147709

Hardwood,

Thanks for the reply.

The tractor is being sold by the original owner who has moved out of state and has no need for it (I don't know the owner). The tractor is equiped with HST transmission, four wheel drive, R4 tires, but I am uncertain as to the age (forgot to ask). General condition looks good and was stored indoors. I really have no need for the mower deck at this time and was planning on adding a JD backhoe. Asking price is $17,000. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login