Go Bottom

John Deere 2520 Compact Tractor Won t Start

View my Photos
chipvb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-22          174136

My Compact 2520 won't start after running with no problems. I put it in neutral while running and it died as soon as I got off the seat. The pto is off and I had the battery checked. I even ran a jumper from the negtative battery post to the tractor frame to give it some extra ground. All I get is a click when I try to start. I jumpered the small wire on the syllenoid to the large post and get the same click as the key. The dealer thinks it is a bad starter, but the tractor is only 2.5 years old. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 2520 Compact Tractor Won t Start

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-24          174161

You may have gotten it fixed by now but, it should be easy to pull the starter and having it stable hit the key and see if starter works. If you have an amp meter you could test for load on the starter while cranking it. If manual transmission you might try rocking the tractor to see if starter might be engaged and locked. If so this might break it loose. One other thought, be sure the starter is not loose. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login