Go Bottom

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
coggey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-22          69332

I have 20 acres 4 are grass the rest trees, I'm look for a tractor that I can use to play around in the yard. I have been looking at Kubota, but last night I got a call from a friend about 2 JD 4110's HST for sale. The reason for my post is I do not much about JD. The story goes like this, some guy came into some money and is a liitle off.The guy bought a 4110 and put it in the shed, one tire went flat so he bought a new 4110. Plus he bought all the other toy's you would ever want. Now his family has stepped in and is selling off all the things he bought and never used. They are selling 2 2002 JD 4110's HST one with a loader and one without, one has 1.2 hours and the other has 3.2 hours. The price $9500 and $9000. Is this a good price or would I be paying a premiun for the low hours, or should I look for a good used tractor with less then 100-300 hours.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Ducati996
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-22          69335

take the one with the FEL for $9500 and run !!
As for the rest of the story, because of a flat they bought another machine? no wonder the family stepped in...I bet he is saftly placed back in his cage..

Duc ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-22          69339

I'm with Duc on this. You'd better hurry cause this deal ain't gonna last long. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-22          69340

That story sounds a bit too good to be true. Be very warry and careful. Usually if it is too good to be true it is. In the very unlikely possibility that this is a true situation; heck.........I would grab both of those tractors, keep the one I like best and jockey the other one. You will have NO problem selling them. But again I must express my reservations about this story as my personal BNRA (Bovine Nutrient Residue Alarm) is sounding loudly. Let us know if it turns out you needed the hip wadders or this is a legit. deal. And post some pics! ;-) ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-23          69377

Under the circumstances I would absolutely want to see original bills of sales and aslo contact police and the dealer. Police to ensure the ractors haven't been reported as stolen and the dealer to ensure there's no outstanding debt or leans. You as new owner assume any outstanding debt or leans and must return stolen property without compensation. In such an event you could always sue the bad guys who never have anything to sue.

Assuming it's a good deal and one that might go fast, I'd think about making an offer conditional on clearing police and financing etc. If a conditional offer is accepted the tractor can't be sold out from under you but neither can you walk from the deal. This is standard practice in the sound buz where thieves and bankrupt musicians abound and equipment isn't registered. If the seller won't consider a conditional offer I'd walk. A hour with a lawyer might be good. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
coggey

2003-11-23          69392

I'm going to look at it today. I plan on taking pictures, and get then #'s off the tractor so I can check for leans and ckeck with local police. Making a conditional offer is a good idea. If all looks good I was wondering about the fluids and seals in the tractor because it has been sitting since 2002 and only has 3 hours.

Thanks for all our thoughts
Cog ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
coggey

2003-11-23          69415

I looked at the 4110, it now has 20 hours not 3. I have pictures but I don't think I can post them without being a paying member. The story is also changing. The tractor is in great shape and I told him after I check for leans I would take it. I took down all the #'s, shuck hands on the deal and headed home. Hour and half later he called. The father in-law may have a lean on the tractor which is between $7500-$9500. If that is the case the guy said he would like to get more money for it so some money goes back to the father in-law. He now is asking $11500. Now why buy his, I'm thinking I'll spend a little more and get a new JD 790 with 419 FEL or the Kubota 7800 with LA402 FEL local dealer quoted $14000. Or start looking for good used. Both will take a backhoe which I would like to have someday.
If anything changes I'll post it. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-23          69418

Why does he have a lean on the tractor unless you are talking about what he owes on the pay off. Sounds to me like he is upside down in the tractor. That is BS renigging on the deal after striking it. Sorry to hear he pulled that on you. Hang in there and keep looking. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-23          69425

The 4110 now has an approved GREEN backhoe. FYI. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-11-23          69428

" The story goes like this, some guy came into some money and is a liitle off.The guy bought a 4110 and put it in the shed, one tire went flat so he bought a new 4110. Plus he bought all the other toy's you would ever want. Now his family has stepped in and is selling off all the things he bought and never used."

Ducati996

"As for the rest of the story, because of a flat they bought another machine? no wonder the family stepped in...I bet he is saftly placed back in his cage.."

Whos' this guys financial advisor, MasterP who structured Ricky Williams first contract??? :) ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-24          69445

I'm guessing that the seller figured out that the asking price was low and maybe the guy did owe the FIL some money so they called it a lean but probably wasn't. May have missed a good deal but then it wouldn't have been fun to have somebody show up looking for a bunch of money or the tractor and a seller who's competence may be questionable. Sounds like a deal to stay well clear of.

The lean mentioned probably is outstanding financing or other debt and not a formal lean. Tractors can get formal leans on them if used commercially and there's disagreement about a job. Bonding is supposed to cover this sort of stuff but sometimes doesn't. There's an old discussion in the archives where a guy sub-contracted himself and equipment. The contractor got into a disagreement with a municipality, which impounded his entire equipment lot--including the sub-contractor's equipment. He was shut down for weeks going through legal stuff trying to get his equipment out of the lot. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-24          69455

If the guy used Deere Credit to finance the purchases and there is an unpaid balance there will still be a lien on file, most likely in the jurisdiction where the transaction was made. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-24          69457

Thank you Mark. Lien, not lean! Duh. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-24          69462

More coffee Tom. Have more coffee. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Oliver

2003-11-24          69473

This was an interesting discussion. Last Thursday I found 2 tractors on eBay -- a 2003 Kubota L3130 and 2003 John Deere 2210 -- both with FELs. The buy now price on the Kubota was $3800, while the Deere had a price of $3600. I emailed the seller to check on prices. In short, his response is that he used to work for Kubota and had a firend who worked for Deere, so he got a REALLY good deal on both tractors -- he is not looking to make a profit, just to get his money back. The tractors, American models, happen to be in Milan, Italy. The price includes shipping to the US. All I need to do is wire him the money (in a fairly complicated manner -- I don't have enough space to explain) and he will FedEx the keys and paperwork. The way the money is transfered he says he won't be able to access it until I have a chance to inspect the tractor(s). If I don't like what I see, I can simply refuse to accept them, get my money back from Western Union and no hard feelings.

I have not been able to speak with the seller because, unfortunately, his phone is out of order and the phone company has not been able to fix it yet.

The tractors are gone from eBay, but he is still trying to sell them. So, what do people think abvout this deal?

To me, this sounds like a scam! ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-11-24          69481

Sounds like a scam to me too. I've heard of a number of tractor scams on eBay that sound just like this. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-24          69518

In this case, tractors don't have titles like automobiles and realestate. If the tractors were not owned by the current owner free and clear; (i.e. no outstanding balance from the original sales contract) definitely sounds like a mess not worth getting involved with. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
coggey

2003-11-24          69542

So, I'm still in the market to find a good used tractor for my 20 acres. One that I can put a backhoe on someday. I've been looking online for the last month. I live in the southeast, have a 2500 Dodge Ram Diesel and love to drive, will travel to bring back the right tractor. I could use some help with links. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-11-24          69548

Coggey,

I would get to know your local JD dealers first in your area. They most likely have something or know of someone selling. At least you can somewhat trust the people you are then dealing with. I found my machine by dealer referral, I lucked out I guess.. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-25          69562

Might be interesting to inquire from Western Union if they provide what amounts to an escrow service. A lawyer could suggest ways to structure a deal that would be fairly safe for everybody but what is described doesn't sound like one of them. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Dirtpoor

2003-11-25          69614

Beware of E-Bay bargains.I checked on a 4210 that had a buy it now price of 8K and was supposed to be in PA.When I finally nailed the guy down he was in Italy!He was real anxious to ship it to me for free if I just went ahead and sent him the money.The listing was taken off by E-Bay the next day. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
BARNEE

2003-11-25          69619

I ran into a similar situation on Ebay when i was looking for a computer. There were several sellers that offered a particular model laptop at a noticeably lower price than others. The ad for the seller i contacted indicated she was in the US, but after emailing for more info i found that the computer had to be shipped from overseas (which was included in the price, but not stated in the ad). This lady had lots of good feedback, but something just did not ring true so i steered clear of the deal. As was already stated, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. It's worth it to me to have a little peace of mind when parting with my moola, even if i have to pass up a 'good' deal. ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-11-25          69639

classic Ebay scams...but people fall for it all the time... ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
Dan Anglim

2003-12-01          70063

Mark,
Loved your pictures...
I'm torn between a 4115 and a 4310...I'm considering attachments very similar to yours. Are you happy with the performance of the 4115 or do you wish you had gone bigger??
I will using a backhoe for some foundation work, digging a drainage ditch and the loader for gravel driveway upkeep and landscaping...
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Dan ....

2002 JD 4110

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-12-02          70102

I am really impressed with the 4115 and wouldn't trade it for any other green tractor. It has just the right balance of size, weight and power, and when you throw in the legendary longevity of Yanmar tractors, it comes up a winner all around .

I have found a significant increase in usable traction and basic stability over the 4100 which I think may be attributable to the longer wheelbase and increased base weight.

The only reason I could imagine ever going bigger would be if I moved to an area that required the services of a large heavy duty brush cutter and therefore more horsepower at the PTO.

This is my third tractor in three years and this one is a keeper.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login