Go Bottom

Thoughts on 4310 Package Price

View my Photos
ebradford
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-09          88191

I have been pricing 4310's at dealers and have done quite a bit of research on the internet and this GREAT web site.

After looking at all the variables, I made the following offer to my local dealer:

4310, 4wd, ROPS,E-hydro,cruise & speed match, mid-pto, R4 loaded tires, dual & third SCV, 430 loader, telescoping draft links, forward lights

List: $24,362
16% Discount (3,898)
JD Incentive (525)
Implement Incentive (200)
Price $19,739
Tax $1,184

Total $20,923

This dealer is my local one (15 miles) and had originally offered me an 8% discount. I got a 16% discount offer from another dealer (60 miles) and also understood that that the 24 mo 0% financing was available at no additional cost.

So, I took his figures and used them as the basis for my proposal. My local dealer reviewed them and came back with the following counter: 12% discount and 0% financing for a total of $21,957; or $21,517 cash.

Now, I know there is not much difference between the two prices, but the grand would easily buy a back blade and a few other goodies.

Any thoughts on this?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
StoneGate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-09          88194

I have been looking for a similar set up with a few more attachments. However, from the pricing I have, I could get the same set up from one dealer for $19,750, which I thought was a fair deal, until I checked with another who quoted $18,600 for what would be your set up. You might consider the iMatch Quick Hitch as well for attachments to your 3pt--I understand it is well worth it. Both offers included 0% financing for 36 months w/10% down, and the prices are after all rebates. Make sure you ask for the heavy duty bucket on the 430; I understand it is worth the extra $$. Good luck

StoneGate ....

View my Photos
reason201
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-11          88331

Just as a point of reference, I just purchased a 4710, FEL w/HD Bucket and LX6 cutter. I went to the dealer with a price that equaled 17.5% discount from MSRP. This included all rebates and attachment discounts. He had to think hard but he accepted the offer. I would guess you should be within a couple hundred dollars. (My guess is about $20,100 before tax)

I was looking hard at the 4310 before deciding on the 4710.

There is definitely a bonus in buying from the local dealer as service in the future is a factor.

Good luck with the purchase, if mine is any indication, you will love the unit ....

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-11          88333

Those sure are lower prices than here on the left coast. Why do you guys think that your closer dealer would not service ANY JD tractor? Even one you bought elsewhere?
I realize that I do all my own work, but MY local JD dealer is happy to sell me parts or do any service I would like, but I would never buy a tractor from him. ....

View my Photos
reason201

2004-06-11          88336

It isn't that the local dealer would not service the tractor. He is obligated to do so by being a dealer. The issue is what level of priority will he place on servicing it. A unit sold by the local dealer might get in for a needed repair on the spur of the moment. One not sold by the dealer might take a couple of weeks to work in. Most dealers work the same way... take care of your customers first. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login