Go Bottom

Dealer issues

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-03          89981

Hi guys, have an opinion question for ya all. I just got back from the local JD dealer, was looking into a few impliments and wanted to get a first hand look at quality impliments. I walked into the dealership and a salesman was talking to a guy wanting to buy a self propelled lawn mower. Aftew I stood around for 10 min. (a full 10) The guy he was talkin to told him to take care of me and he wanted to think about his purchase. I told the guy what I was looking for and he pointed out to the yard. I went out and looked around, they also sell rino and a few others. Well I saw the guy buying the lawnmower walk out and expected the salesman to come out. 10 more minuites passed and I walked back to the store, thru the windows I see the guy sitting talking to anouther employee laughing (did not look like it was buisness.
I am really tee-dd off about now since the drive was about 35 min. out of my way and I really wanted some info.
Well my Italian temper flaired and I walked. Now I sit here with no info and 2 1/2 hours waisted. Should I give this place a second chance? There was only that one guy that had left and no other customers!! Homedepot must be taking alot of his buisness or others have experianced the same as me there. On my way out the drive I muttered to myself," Dumb ass" sorry you didn't sell that $800 lawnmower I will take my $3500 elswhere, LOL.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Dealer issues

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-03          89983

That's pretty unimpressive. It is possible that maybe they didn't have the A-team on during the holiday weekend. When I managed a retail store years ago it was hard to keep people around on long weekends. ....

Dealer issues

View my Photos
BARNEE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-03          89995

I wouldn't go back. I don't have any patience for that sort of thing. Back when i was shopping for a tractor I stopped into the local JD dealer. I walked around outside for 10-15 min. looking at the inventory, then went inside. There's was a guy at the parts counter & no one else in sight. He came out & asked me if he could help. I told him I was interested in getting a price on a 790 w/fel, box blade & field mower. He went down a hallway & was gone for about 10 minutes. When he came out he had a scrap piece of paper with a price on it. "Here ya go" & he went back behind the counter. Ooookkaaaay. I threw it in the trash on the way out. I had other 'take it or leave it' experiences at other dealers. One of the major reasons I bought the tractor I did was because of the time the dealer gave me to explain things & answer questions. I want to know the dealer is interested in my purchase, especially when it comes time for maintenance. ....

Dealer issues

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-03          89999

I had a similar experience at the local kubota dealer. I gave them a second chance by calling ahead for an appointment, but that was a bad experience too. Needless to say I walked. ....

Dealer issues

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-04          90007

Thanks
I plan on driving to the next closest JD dealer on Monday.
I figure if I want to see and get to know what a quality product looks like I should talk with a JD dealer. New Holland dont seem to have many impliments for smaller tractors so my next choice is JD which is probably the best out there for quality. I am making the choice between which impliments I should buy that will take a beating and which I should buy that wont be used that often and can be of lesser quality or beefed up relatively cheaply.
Whats your opinions on box scrapers? They really dont look that complicated (I have not seen a JD or Land pride yet) but so far the ones I have seen are pretty much all the same except for a few parts being a bit more beefy? The one area I am looking at is the scarifers, since I plan on using it heavily in the fields and I have plenty of rock out there. Should I be looking into a more beefy built unit or just go with something like a KK? Product name dont mean too much to me (as you all know) Price (for me any way) is way up on the list since I need a few too many items right now and the wife said I already am over my budget for the next decade! LOL I do have a few thousand that I can afford to part with but the more I spend the less I have for the next toy! A new (second) wheeler, for the kids of course!!! ....

Dealer issues

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-04          90022

Box scrapers are pretty simple devices and if I was looking to save money it seems this would be a good one to "cheap out" on. For somebody who welds they should be easy to fix or strengthen if needed. I'd be more reluctant to go cheap on a rotary cutter, mower, or other implement that had gearboxes and other moving parts.

FWIW, some JD implements are built by other companies and painted green. I'm sure they have input into the specs and build quality though. I have a Frontier box scraper and it is well built and rugged. JD does makes their own rotary cutters I believe. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login