Go Bottom

JD T series

View my Photos
srvduplex
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-01          95240

Hi there,
Can someone tell me how many JD T series (tracks) are on the market in North America?

and if you have the same info for the Challenger this will be good.

Thank you

MdT

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD T series

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-01          95298

Greetings from the USA. Acording to the JD literature they offer five 8000 twenty series track tractors form 170 to 255 hp. They also offer four models in the 9000 twenty series from 280 hp to 500 hp. I've test driven both series, they are awsome machines. One of the tractors I drove had the Auto steer GPS guidance system in it. At the end of the round you take the wheel and manually take it past 90 degrees of a 180 degree turn around then simply let go of the wheel and it seeks its own path width and steers you to the other end of the field. I live in the heart of the corn belt where 95 % of all crops are row crop so the tracks are a bigger seller to road construction crews for ease of transport on paved roads, (no lo boy trailer needed), rather than farmers. I think in the great plains to the west of here where small grains prevail thay are more popular than here. My personal opinion is that they are rougher riding than a conventional wneeled tractor, and a bit too clumbsy for grain cart and lighter work dutys. I really don't know much about the Challengers, but they've been around for quite a while, and I've really never heard anything bad about them. I probably see about as many Cat's as I do Deeres on tracks around our aeria. What part of Europe are you from? Are tracks popular there? I'm fortunate to live within about an hour from the Deere Waterloo assembly plant and have been there quite a few times to watch some tractors that I own go thru the assembly line and be the first person to start it and drive it off the end of the assembly line. Keep in touch, I'd love to hear things about your tractors and farming techniques in your country. Frank. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login