Go Bottom

MARK UP PERCENTAGE ON TRACTORS

View my Photos
daveknowshow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-20          98858

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT PERCENTAGE MARK UP IS ON NEW JD AND KUBOTA CUT TRACTOR I FEEL ITS IN THE 12% RANGE? ANYONE CARE TOO PUT THEIR TWO CENTS IN OH I'M ON THE LOWER EAST COAST SO I'M SURE THAT PLAYS A PART.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JDFANATIC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-22          99051

Dave,

The mark-up is much larger than that. I think you will find 12% is just the starting discount for the purchase.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210 ....

View my Photos
cherymax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-22          99084

I got 18% off... so it's more than 18%. Funny though...(funny weird, not funny haha) I used to work for Yamaha... and we made all our money on parts not new bike sales. New bikes had very little mark-up. ....

View my Photos
daveknowshow

2004-10-22          99088

WAS THE 18 ON A JD OR KUBOTA? WHICH MODEL? I'M THINKING THE MODEL/ BRAND HAS ALOT TOO DO WITH THE MARK UP. THANKS ....

View my Photos
cherymax

2004-10-23          99115

It was on a JD 4110.

If memeory serves me correctly... at midlawns website (link below) they pretty much offer 18% off across the board on JD tractors.

Link:   Midlawns

View my Photos
Chief

2004-10-23          99117

Mark up or cost vs. retain runs approx. 22% to 25% but don't expect to get that much of a price break. 10% to 15% seems to be the norm with 18% to 20% off models dealers want to move, which is not frequent. With the chaos in steel and well as oil prices lately; tractor pricing may be all over the road fluctuating much more. ....

View my Photos
daveknowshow

2004-10-23          99123

WELL I'D BE HAPPY WITH 20 % OFF OF COURSE THE ONE I'M LOOKING AT IS THE ECONOMY UNIT <790> SO GETTING THAT MUCH OFF IS PROBALY UNLIKELY HOWEVER I'M GONNA TRY! LOL CAN'T BLAME A GUY FOR TRYING! THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT INSIGHT ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
DAVID ....

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-10-23          99133

Every Dealer of anything weather its Abalone's or Zucchini's
and everything in between needs to make at least 12% to stay in business!!

If you get close to that figure your doing well and he must have a reason for letting you buy (whatever) for that margin!!

Dean ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-31          99559

There are times that different units might be priced lower and there are several reasons for it. Discontinued model, over stocked which takes to poor seller or over priced to begin with or over ordered. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-11-02          99734

Don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Michigan we get Ford A-Plan Employee Discount just like car or truck. I believe the dealer said he gets 6% back on the sale (I saved $3,200 off list). With A-Plan you get to see the dealer cost and buy it at that price. Since I was dealing with the actual owner of the dealership he also let me buy a LS180 skidloader at an "unoffical A-Plan discount" with a savings of about $6800. Ford A-Plan says discounts only apply to "blue" Ag equipment and implements over $1000, nothing "yellow" which is "construction"---but dealers set their own prices anyway. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login