Go Bottom

jd 3520 torn gasket boot on tierod from tire chains

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-21          138991

I own a 2005 JD 3520 4wd, and I tore the gasket or grease boot where the tierod bolts to the steering arm. The tire chains on the front wheels slipped to the inside, knicking the boot (that holds the grease on that joint). Is this repair as simple as removing the tierod bolt, ordering a new rubber boot, making the installation very basic? I plan to grease it heavily until this spring when I get more time to perform repairs.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-22          138992

Chris; Just checked the tech manual for a 4410 MFWD front axle, which likely is pretty similar to what you have. It shows a replaceable boot. It also warns that the the threads are right hand on one end of the tie rod and left hand on the other, so better check that too. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-22          138993

Mine has been torn for years. I keep it greased and the extra grease will catch dirt and crap.

The seals are there for people that tend to use extended service intervals.

You will probably never have a failure if you stay on top of your greasing. And you do not use high pressure to wash that area.

I do not think you can just buy a new rubber boot.

Harvey ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login