Go Bottom

new 2305

View my Photos
brenhamite
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-26          142479

My brand NEW JD 2305 has had the mid-mount-mower deck pto u-joint assembly hit the brake linkage twice, causing a pin to fall out and damage brake linkage components twice in the 2 times I have used the mower. JD service tech said it was because I didn't disengage the pto drive when making a turn. Does this sound valid to anyone out there

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new 2305

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-26          142480

I don't know anything about the 2305, or MMMs in general, but this excuse fails the laugh test for me. What good is a tractor/mmm if you can't turn while mowing? If your dealer won't fix it politely insist on speaking with the JD factory rep. ....

new 2305

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-05-26          142481

You might ask them to show you in the operators manual where it says the operator is supposed to disengage the PTO when turning. ....

new 2305

View my Photos
harvey

2007-05-26          142489

It might make sense if the mower was not mounted correctly and it was moving side to side under the tractor.

There should be no way a correctly mounted mower should move very far.

Is the PTO coupler all the way onto the splined shaft? ....

new 2305

View my Photos
brenhamite

2007-05-27          142515

JD tech still hasn't returned with parts but I found, photographed and e-mailed pictures of missing parts to service manager and salesman. The lift arms -both of them- are missing some spacers as shown in the parts manual on JD's website. I would bet they would eliminate the excessive lateral motion. I wish the tech would have looked harder for the reason why the pto u-joint was smashing the brake linkage assembly - even I knew something wasn't correct. Apparently the dealer's make ready guy overlooked them or they didn't come with the kit. Either way, it gives me a queasy green feeling. ....

Picture Link

new 2305

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-05-27          142517

The advice given here usually involves finding a good dealer before selecting a brand. The dealer is responsible for final assembly, implement installation, and checkout. They can make or break the ownership experience and clearly your dealer has ruined yours. Hopefully you at least got a good price. ....

new 2305

View my Photos
brenhamite

2007-05-31          142633

Got tractor back today from the dealer and the new lift arm parts corrected the lateral motion which caused all the problems. Looks great and I mowed 2 acres trouble free for the first time Whoopppeee!!! ....

new 2305

View my Photos
crunch

2007-05-31          142634

Congratulations Brenhamite. There is nothing finer than a machine operating smoothly to specifications! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login