Go Bottom

Cab size between Deere 20 Series vs Kubota Grand L 40 Series

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-27          144098

Does anyone know how the size of the cab compares between the Deere 20 series compact versus the Kubota Grand L 40 series? I just drove a Kubota and I did not feel very comfortable with the steering wheel tilted. I am 6' 2" and weigh approximately 200. I currently own a Kubota L3830 and was looking for a tractor with a cab.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-07-27          144100

I have a 3520 w/cab and i love it. Plenty of room for a large man and the wheel tilts also for even more room. I looked at the Kubota and it was nice but i think the Deere is a little better. The deere has a hyd cylinder for the mid mount mower and the Kubota works off the 3 point hitch. That is the main reason i bought the deere because i also use a hyd dump with my mid mower and it would not work on the Kubota.
Good Luck ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-28          144112

I don't tilt them normally to operate as I'm 6'1" and it puts it to low. It is important to adjust the seat to you while checking comfort. Just because it may have fit the last guy doesn't mean it will fit you. It's interesting going between cabs, between the makes some people say some are to wide and that bothers on tree's while mowing or going around buildings. Some of us bigger boys need a little width just to feel comfortable. I do like the fact that on the Kubota cab you can recirculate the air with-in the cab instead of continually getting outside air. Big tractors do it that way and so do all the motor veichles I've ever seen. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-07-29          144143

Do you have any idea why JD would not let their air recirculate? I know in a car it cools much better when the outside air is not comming in. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-29          144144

The owners manual on my truck recommends leaving the a/c in the outside air position as much as possible even though it has a recirculate position. There's gotta be a reason. My best guess is to maximize air quality and reduce the amount of molds and fungus that grows in the evaporator. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-29          144146

Dear friends,

In very humid or cold climates, air recirculation should not be used.

In humid weather, the humidity collects on the windows, causing dirt to stick on the interior side of the windows.....greatly reducing visibility.

In cold weather, the heater should not be set in the recirculation mode, due to fogging.

There are only a few specified times when the recirculation mode can be used without causing visibility problems.....which is why some manufactures don't even bother making it an option.

I'm not sure about the mold and mildew.......but it seems reasonable that this would also become a problem.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-07-29          144147

We have customers that are alergic to fresh cut hay or grass. We first ran into it with the ag customers for the believe it or not, for the love of farming! Not being able to close it off in dusty conditions you might consider it the same as to leave a window open. ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-07-29          144152

The msin reason i bought a cab was to keep all the dirty air away and dust......now i find out i am still getting it. Oh well it still beats no cab at all and i still love it. It would be nice if i could not have to let the outside in !!!! ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-29          144156

Whiteturbo,

I've never owned a tractor with a cab. There are times when I wish I had one..... especially when mowing in the early summer......during mosquito season.

I grew up on a Minneapolis Moline U. My uncle had the tractor with the cab. I was always the person who got stuck cleaning the windows, vacuuming out the thing, and wiping up the messes my uncle made when he missed the spittoon.

Come to think of it......I'll probably never have a cab. I rather enjoy spitting over the rear wheels. Copenhagen is better than any air conditioner. hehehe.

Besides that, it's danged hard to shoot skunks from the tractor, when surrounded by a cab. My Colt .45 is the next best thing to Copenhagen.

Joel ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login