Go Bottom

John Deere JD 955 3pt hitch problem

View my Photos
dgsatx
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-07          145484

HEllo, I have a JD 955 hydro trans, Recently hooked up my box blade and the tractor barely moves forward when 3 pt hitch is lifted. Engine is really straining. I have not used the 3 pt in quite a while. Everything else seems to work fine. Any help appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-07          145489

Straining is one thing--like the brakes are engaged or under load, engine running normal and machine not moving are different. Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? ....

View my Photos
dgsatx

2007-09-11          145624

Hydraulic level is full, strain is only trying to move forward while box blade is lifted, the tractor barely crawls. I don't think the brakes are sticking, runs and moves great without the blade hooked up. I know the whole hydraulic system on these things are connected, do you think not using the 3 point hitch for a long time would hav anything to do with it? ....

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-11          145625

When you say "when 3 pt hitch is lifted" does that mean all the way up or does it do it part way up to. The reason I ask is something could be out of adjustment and the 3 pt is going up to far and the hydraulic bypass relief valve is kicking in. ....

View my Photos
ticowannabe

2012-02-07          182324

I'm having the same problem. Left brake is sticking and causing resistance while trying to move forward, but not while in reverse. It will restrict forward momentum until the engine will actually die from the strain. I've topped off the hydraulic fluid and no relief. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login