Go Bottom

bent 3pt hitch draft link jd 3320

View my Photos
rembuf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-23          145992

very, very new to tractors, just bought jd3320 a few months back. i noticed i bent the one of the draft links (thats the part according to the jd parts catalog - i think)and am wondering what my options are? jd parts lists it new at $200 which is more than i thought. a few questions: is this the right part? can i have it straightened? any good place for used parts online? i must have backed into a tree with my box blade on, at least i think? thanks for the help...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-23          145995

I do this to my blue many times, and you're right you probabaly backed into a tree or got in a nasty situation with an implement like in a ditch. I have a bad habit of pushing my stuff out of the way with another when I'm on a job. Too lazy and and in a hurry I guess.

Just bend it back. I wouldn't use any heat becuase that will anneal it making it even easier to bend next time. ....

View my Photos
rembuf

2007-09-23          145998

thanks earthwrks...dumb question, how can i bend it back? i don't really have a vice that big, any suggestions? ....

View my Photos
bvance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-23          145999

Rembuf,

Will one end of the bar fit in a 2 1/2 inch reciever hitch so you could leverage the other end to bend it back?

Brian ....

View my Photos
rembuf

2007-09-23          146006

Brian, r u referring to a hitch on the back of an SUV? not sure, i will check but i think it might be too wide. also, it's quite thick metal, and short, not sure i would have enough leverage to bend it. keep the ideas coming...thanks ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-23          146008

Find a heavy vehicle that you can put a bottle jack under and in the center so it doesn't tip sideways--most likely a diesel pickup truck in the front. Then place two small pieces of wood blocks--2x4's will do--spread out as far as possible to support the bent bar. Face the bend up, and place the bottle jack on the crown of the bend. Carefully jack it up and the resultant weight/force of the truck should push it back down. Bend it too much, just flip it over and repeat. Your local autoparts that does bearing pressing may be able to do it for you for a few bucks. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login