Go Bottom

100hr JD2305 or New BX1850

View my Photos
ejfiii
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-31          154113

Okay, so I am at a crossroads. Just found the first used 2305 near me in the past 3 months of searching. JD has 100 hours and the dealer sold it to the first owner so they know it was babied. Has 62" deck and bagger. Will add a FEL.

New BX1850 with 54" deck (biggest I can put on the 1850), bagger and FEL.

Both price out with the JD $500 more all in. Advantage to Kubota is 0% 42months. Not a deal killer though.

Both are overkill in my 2 acre yard - ain't life grand? :) JD has bigger mow deck, more HP and probably a bigger bucket (can't imagine that matters). Will use for mowing, leaf pickup and snow removal on a 600ft drive with large parking area, plus misc jobs around property. I like that the 2305 is backhoe ready should I want one some day.

Which would you choose and why?

TIA.

Cross posted in Kubota section - not sure of protocol here yet.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-05-31          154116

Is the Deere being sold by a dealer or private party? Is there carryover warrranty on the Deere? Good care by a prior ownwer is very important, but in some cases "Babyied" isn't always best, the first 100 hrs. on a diesel engine can be quite important to long engine life. 10 ten hour steady moderate load days will get you a lot longer lasting engine than 100 light load one hour days during that important first 100 hours on an engine. Unless the cutting width of the wider Deere deck is needed to cover the wheel tracks of the tractor a wider deck isn't always better unless you have a pool table smooth lawn. I am about as green as they come when comes to my tractor and equipment so if I sound a bit negative toward the used
Deere it isn't because of quality issues, just things that may affect your walled down the road. Frank. ....

View my Photos
PaulChristenson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-01          154119

Unless JD has changed, there is no factory warranty on used equipment ....

View my Photos
ejfiii

2008-06-01          154122

The used JD is at the original selling dealer. Perhaps 'babied' isn't the right word. I know that at 100 hours now it has had its initial service, plus two additional oil changes all performed by the same selling dealer. They know the owner and his property. He would have used it for three hours at a time once or twice a week to cut his grass. It looks new sitting on the lot now.

Dealer does say the motor and powertrain are still warrantied until October '08 as the machine was first put in service in October '05.

Thanks guys. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login