Go Bottom

Re JD 455 Package Price

View my Photos
ljirish
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-15          160328

I am looking at at a '98 JD455 with the following equipment: 54" deck, 54" front blade w/quick hitch, 40 loader, 3 point hitch. The tractor has 540 hours and looks like it has been very well cared for. The asking price is $6,900.00. Is this a fair price? Any information about this setup would be appreciated.
Thank You
Larry

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Re JD 455 Package Price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-25          160611

I'm no JD expert but they make a good product, and I think that one has the same engine as in my much bigger Yanmar. My engine has been flawless for 3000 hrs over 30 years.

Seems like a fine deal if you want a rig for mowing smaller areas and doing general work. I think a rear 3-point hitch is extra on that one. If you want to use the zillion rear attachments available (tiller, hole digger, box blade, whatever), you might try to get that included. But if the hitch size is "Category 0," the attachments will be on the smaller size and not as widely available used as Category 1.

Looks like a pretty big bucket for the size of the tractor, so I'd ask them to put liquid in the rears. ....

Re JD 455 Package Price

View my Photos
ljirish
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-02-26          160625

Thanks for the information. I bought it las week and so far I am happy with it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login