Go Bottom

John Deere 4300 Tranny problem

View my Photos
porterboyd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-07          162600

i have a jd 4300, year 2000, syncreverser trans. it loses power in the c range, in 3rd and 4th gear. The rpms decline and the tractor comes to a stop. any ideas? Just changed tranny fluid and added mid pto kit.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-08          162601

Where and what are you doing in those high gears? Mine will not go up slight grades in C4 and if I am pulling a wagon many times I have to use C1 or B4.

C range and 3-4 gear are the 2 highest gears you could use. They are more for travel on the road not for general use around lawn.

View my Photos
porterboyd

2009-05-08          162611

Harvey, I understand that. I was going to my neighbors to blade his driveway, running on a smooth surface gravel road, I was just surprised that this tractor wouldn't have enough power to travel in these two road gears. I'm not mowing or working the tractor in these high gears. Ii just thought something was mechanically wrong. Thanks ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-08          162616

That helps. What color exaust are you getting as it bogs down?

Mine will pull must gentle grades in C4 with out a trailer most times. Mine likes to pull better down around 1400-1500 rpm's. But once it falls below 1300 she dies. (A gentle grade to me is one I could ride a old ba;loon tires coaster brake bicycle up when I was 14 or 15 to some that would be steep)

You might check fuel filter and or air filters. ....

View my Photos
jdgreen

2009-05-08          162619

You might also want to check your brakes to be sure they aren't dragging. If you have it on a level surface and put the transmission in neutral, You should be able to push it easily by hand, or if you jack it up, the rear wheels should rotate freely. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login