Go Bottom

John Deere s combines

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-12          163393

Have any of you seen the show running on the History Channel showing the building of JD newest combine. Has a grain header of 30 some feet, 9 liter (turbo I think)engine, gain bin has a much capactiy as machine weighs. They showed how they have tractor trailers of stock and JD mechanices that follow the contract combiners. On the paint their goal is for it to look as good when the person goes to sell it as when they bought it so they get top dollar. It ran twice last night. They gave the price range and it was from $2??,??? to I think $3??,???. Do remember they said more than most farmers houses cost.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere s combines

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-12          163396

I saw that or a similar show a few months ago. That's a big piece of equipment, but those who don't want electronics in their equipment won't be buying :)

John Deere s combines

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-12          163400

I don't know if you can buy a new Deere or any other brand combine as a "Plain Jane" anymore without all the electronic gizmo's.
My last combine was a Deere 9610 with an eight row cornhead and thirty ft. cutterbar, I think it was a 98 or 99 model. Last fall I rode with our tennant who had a new Deere with all the dodads, pretty amazing what all instant information it shows and stores in the computer on yield, moisture content, acres done, number of bushels harvested plus it steers itself. Hard to imagine what they will be like in ten years from now.
I didn't ask him what it cost, but I'm sure a quarter million wouldn't have bought it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login