Go Bottom

2520 compact manuals

View my Photos
davidiowa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-20          168160

I just took delivery on a used 2520 with 200 cx loader and 62d deck. Manuals have been ordered but I have some very basic questions now. Are there .pdf manuals anywhere so I can start becoming knowledgeable? I'm an old Ford (1948 8N) person so everything is new to me on this tractor. I don't even understand all of the icons on the controls. Also need to know how to operate the 3 point. very basic stuff. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2520 compact manuals

View my Photos
jdgreen

2010-01-21          168172

Congratulations! You should be able to find manuals at the link below.

Moderator edited to make link easier to follow. ....

Link:   John Deere On-line Manuals

2520 compact manuals

View my Photos
davidiowa

2010-01-22          168180

Thanks, that helps. I seem to be doing things correctly but the rockshaft arm is stuck in the extreme up position. I don't want to force it. I'm wondering if something is frozen in the mechanism. It's been quite cold around here and the tractor was covered with ice when it was unloaded. Thanks for the informaion. ....

2520 compact manuals

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-22          168181

David, first off, welcome!

Now, as for your 3pth. The 3pth only lowers by gravity, not under pressure, so if there is nothing on it, it can be very slow to go down. In cold weather with cold oil, even more so.

However, a more likely culprit is a knob under the (probably front of the) seat that operates a valve. That valve controls how fast, or if at all, the 3pth lowers.

If that knob is turned all the way in, the 3pth will not lower at all.

Best of luck. ....

2520 compact manuals

View my Photos
davidiowa

2010-01-22          168182

Thank you. The knob you speak of is turned to the open position. The mower deck would not lower with the rockshaft lever but I was able to get it off anyway without much effort. It's the lowerering/raising lever that absolutely won't move. The stop is all the way down and the mower adjust lever on the operator's left (by the pto selector) is adjusted with slack in the cable. Something is stuck somewhere but I just don't see it. My unfamiliarity with this tractor is definitely working against me. Thanks for your information. David ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login