Go Bottom

4500 tractor hydraulics

View my Photos
tfoster
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-16          170054

Hydraulics do not work. Have changed fluid and filter. Also replaced rubber manifold that connects pump to tube leading to fluid reservoir. This manifold colapses when the tractor starts and won't allow fluid to pass through. Neither the loader nor the 3-point hitch will work.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4500 tractor hydraulics

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-16          170055

I'm no JD expert but assume it failed back with the original fluid, so what you put in was likely the right kind and amount, and it wouldn't be due to air at the pump. I assume there's a filter screen that can plug up, and that you serviced it. (The spin-on filter should have a bypass.) I assume you traced the exposed fluid lines for kinks or barriers. I assume you checked the hydraulic controls and they're all in the right position and not evidently disconnected -- including, as I recall, a funny one on the fender. I assume you found any remote outlets in order and also pressure-dead.

Unless somebody comes up with something else, maybe get a service manual? ....

4500 tractor hydraulics

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-16          170059

If the rubber manifold is collapsing, then there has to be a restriction in the suction side of the system. Pull out the sump scren and check it. also be sure no lines are kinked shut. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login