Go Bottom

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-12          173989

I'm looking at a 2520 to replace my 2210. Can anyone tell me the height the 3 pt hitch can be raised to? For comparison my 2210 with turf tires raises the bottom of the "hook" on my I-tach to 23 inches off the ground. What would that same measuremebt be on a 2520?

Bmeyer

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-13          173993

B;
No, I can't but the most accurate way would be to look at one on the lot and measure it there. Tire size, even tire pressures would make it hard to put a numbeer on it.
Frank. ....

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-13          173995

THanks. My dealer is 15 miles away and doesn't have a 2520 on the lot. I was hoping someone did. What I'm trying to find out is whether my tiller, which now drags on the ground slightly when I load it on my trailer, will clear the ground on this new tractor. i.e. - is the lifting height slightly more than my 2210? I use blocks under the ramps now and that helps but another 2 " would be great.

Bmeyer ....

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-13          173996

B;
You'd think that after having a tractor for ten years or so I'd remember a bit more about it, but I don't.
I know that one of the lift rods from the rockshaft arms on my 4310 that goes down to the three point draft link is adjustable for length but I can't remember if they both are without going out to look. If both lift rods are adjustqable that would be one way to bring the draft arms a bit higher on the 2520.
I just checked on Tractordata.com where you can compare any two tractors side by side. The only three point data they listed was the lift capacitys, 2210 @ 700 lbs. compared to the 2520 @ 1150 lbs.
If you aren't too choosy about the tread design some tires are available from the factory that stand a bit taller than others too.
Frank. ....

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-09-13          174004

JD own web site does not have that spec either. Probably as Hardwood pointed out the tires used can affect that so easy. If you are considering a two wheel model something that might would work if a size larger rear tire is available compared to the front tire. No idea what affect that would have on say a mid mount mower of course if you had FEL on it would hurt that lift. ....

3 pt height on 2520

View my Photos
bmeyer

2010-09-13          174006

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm headed to Madison tomorrow and I pass right by a JD dealer with two 2520's on the lot. I'll just swing off the interstate and measure one up. That will answer my question.

Bmeyer ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login