Go Bottom

JD 4720 Starting issue

View my Photos
codenok
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-19          174658

I have a 2010 4720hydro with cab, the other day when i went to start it would only click and it sounded like the starter would not engage and the battery was low. Charged the battery and same result, changed starter and same result, remove cables and tried to jump start same result. Finally got it started jumping it directly to starter. The starter was also very watm after only a couple of clicks. Also the tractor has used some coolant but it only has 30 hrs. Any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 4720 Starting issue

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-19          174660

Codenok;
I guess I'm wondering why if your tractor is a 2010 model why you are doing this yourself, it has to be under waranty yet, let the dealer handle the problems.
Frank.

JD 4720 Starting issue

View my Photos
jdgreen

2010-10-19          174663

codenok, I agree, you should have your dealer doing repairs. But, If hooking jumper cables directly to starter made it start, you probably have a battery cable bad or ground connection bad on negative cable. For the coolant loss, have you seen any leaks? If not go around and tighten all hose connections. Sometimes the rubber in the hoses relaxes and the clamps need to be retightened. Don't forget the hose connections on the heater core. It is under the roof.If these hoses leak, it will drip out of the condensation hoses with a/c condensation and may go unnoticed. Be careful not to damage the seal on the roof, it will let dirt into a/c and make it inefficient. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login