Go Bottom

4300 Fuel Problem

View my Photos
amotta
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-07-25          179545

I have a 4300 with 500 hrs that has had ongoing problems with stuck injectors since new. I have added injector cleaner about every other tank of fuel which has helped. If I forget to add the cleaner, one of the injectors sticks and it has limited power and smokes quite a bit. Load the fuel with cleaner and let if run for a few minutes and everything is back to normal. It is having the problem again but the cleaner does not seem to be working. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4300 Fuel Problem

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-27          179560

Have no idea on your questions on the injector having a problem but lets talk about your fuel. Are you using a single source for it or tried different sores? Are you using the same brand? How often are you running a tank of fuel? Just trying to be sure there is no issue with the fuel itself.

Of course you could have a bad injector. ....

4300 Fuel Problem

View my Photos
amotta
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-07-27          179567

I try and use our local QuickTrip but have tried other brands. I use the same fuel in a Detroit 671 without this problem. I previously owned a JD 670 and 770, neither of which had this problem. I did go out this morning with a new fuel filter and filled the filter with injector cleaner and ran it until the injector freed up. I don't know which injector sticks but it always seems to be just one injector. ....

4300 Fuel Problem

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-27          179568

Well that would seem to support inject issue. I do not know how to test which injector. If you have an infrared thermometer you probably would find temp difference on that cylinder. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login