Go Bottom

How to recondition John Deere 755 after not running for years

View my Photos
jemack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-09-07          184864

We just got this JD 755 w/ 2 stage snowblower out of the weeds after sitting for over 3 yrs. Battery was dead but after charge fired right up . Problem was the PTO . Has selector lever attached to shaft which goes into Trans axle. Lever has limmited travel . Was able to engage PTO by hitting with long rod . Sprayed with nut buster added Hyd. Fluid 2 qt low. Next step to operate machine get fliud circualting. Any one have any ideas ???? Please advise Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-09-07          184867

I think you are on the right track by just operating it to loosen things up but I would check the fluid right after you have operated it for a while. Being the machine sat in the weeds for three years I'd bet the fluid is going to look milky right after you shut it off from a run long enough to warm things up meaning it has water mixed in it. Change the fluid to get the water and crud flushed out.
No doubt you are going to find the same situation with the engine oil, you should drain the old oil and replace it.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-09-10          184889

Would suggest low RPM's to begin with and be sure to grease and oil all fittings first. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login