chlaford
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-16          189582

How to change. John deere injection pump innstructions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 850 injection pump

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-16          189583

Chlaford,

Here's a Youtube video that may help you with the injector pump replacement. Timing is critical.

This video may not be too helpful, because your John Deere engine may require special timing techniques. You will likely need a shop manual for your specific tractor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3NYl1X6NjY

Joel ....

John Deere 850 injection pump

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-03-16          189595

That video is a great one for rotary injection pumps, but unfortunately the 850 has a totally different setup. On the 850 the pump is timed with different thickness shims under the pump mounting. To remove the pump, it is not required to set the engine at TDC like most engines. First remove the fuel lines from the pump. Then remove the cover on the side of the engine just under the pump. Inside the opening where the cover is removed, take out the hairpin holding the governor/throttle link. slide the link off of the pin. Then simply remove the 4 nuts securing the pump and remove it. The shims under the pump are also gaskets. If rebuilding original pump and reinstalling, use the same thickness of shims that you removed. If installing a different pump, a timing procedure is required to get it set right. Start by installing new pump with original shim pack. Then remove the delivery valve from #1 cylinder fitting in the pump. ZConnect the fuel line from the filter to the pump and make sure fuel is turned on. You should see a steady flow of fuel from the #1 cylinder fitting. Then slowly turn the engine by hand in the normal direction of travel. When the pump reaches the point of injection, the flow of fuel from #1 should suddenly stop. At that point, the #1 mark on the front pulley should be aligned with the pointer. If mark is not aligned, a different thickness shim pack is needed. A thinner shim pack will advance the timing and a thicker one will retard timing. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login