Go Bottom

Flood lights go Off on John Deere 4040 Tractor

View my Photos
dexterJD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-08          191367

anybody have a problem with the rear flood lamps going off after 10 minutes. wiring is good. replaced the switch. any ideas

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-09          191380

I assume it comes back on after a few minutes and does the cycle over and over? If so has to be something over heating that is having to cool, if you have a breaker in that circuit and not a fuse it could be that breaker or something in the circuit. But if fused which most likely it is than the fuse would be blowing if overloaded so assuming it is not over loaded.

My thoughts are you will find the issue in the floodlight itself. If the switch on the flood light it might be that but it also could be the bulb. If there is no switch on the light itself would replace the bulb. kt

Be sure you check the ground where grounded to the tractor. ....

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-10          191388

The lights are protected by the circuit breakers under the left hand cowling. Remove the left cowl cover and there is a breaker panel there. I would first check to make sure all the nuts attaching the wires are tight. They tend to work loose and create heat due to loose connection. If all connections are tight, then the breaker may be bad or the circuit is overloaded. Also could have a smaller breaker than is recommended installed. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login