Go Bottom

JD 755 Mower does not move with Hydraulics easily

View my Photos
RichZ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-17          34658

Two questions regarding a JD 755:
1. I am a first time user and owner of an '86 2WD 755 with an FEL and 60" belly mower. I attached the belly mower and am unable to raise and lower the mower hydraulicaly. The mower depth control works okay. Does it work off the rockshaft contol lever? Help!!??!!
2. Is there a chipper attachment available for the rear PTO?
Thanks. Richard

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-01-18          34673

I believe that some combinations of loaders and mid-mowers won’t work together. I don’t know your tractor, but somebody will likely know if they’re compatible. Some hydraulic hook-ups will make the 3ph inoperative, but the first step is to figure if the loader and mower will work together.

3ph chippers are fairly common implements. There often are used ones around and a dealer should be able to recommend one that’ll work with your tractor. A couple things to keep in mind. First is that chippers are rated in terms of the diameter material they will handle. At the top of their rating, they may chip it, but the process isn’t fast. I figure that my short trips to the dump are both quicker and cheaper than having a chipper.

On the other hand, making compost material from brush is a good reason to have a chipper. Even my wife was encouraging me to get one. For making compost material from brush, a chipper with a shredder is best. A shredder will accept fairly wide pieces of light brush and chew it up pretty fine. Chipper/shredders are fairly pricey though.

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-18          34676

The mower is lifted by the rockshaft. A chipper would have to be very small to be run by a 755, only 15-pto hp.

David ....

View my Photos
RZIM

2002-01-18          34677

Hey guys, thanks for your response to my inquiry. I should locate a separate shop manual for the belly mower, as the operators manual I have for the tractor does not have the details on the hookup for the rockshaft.
I guess I'll have to go for a gas powered chipper instead of a rear pto type. I've got three out of four acres of immature growth trees, amongst huge oaks, on vacant land recently purchased here in Florida for a home/farm building project. I apprectiate your suggestions and advice. Rich Z ....

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp

2002-01-18          34683

The 755 should raise the MMMower when you raise the 3 point. UNLESS it has or had rockshaft control then the bucket control for the loader will raise and lower the MMM. I suspect you have tryed both. I wonder if some one removed the rockshaft hydrillic clinder and did not hook up the linkage for 3 point control. you will have to remove the mower deck to see any of the linkage ....

View my Photos
jjcampsite

2009-04-05          161756

Can you please tell me the model # of your mid-mount mower for the 755? I have a 1990 755 20 hp Diesel and need a mower for it. Thank for your help! ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-06          161763

Considering this thread is now more than SEVEN years old, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Hettric

2009-04-06          161777

The mower deck that came with my 1990 755.
Model 60" Hydro-cut Serial # M02734X011551.
I have seen them on Ebay from time to time. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login