Go Bottom

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
BenEAmonette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-20          106485

I am considering a CK 20. Have been looking at the Kubota B7610. Locally the the CK can be had for $750 less, plus a little better interest rate, and the dealer is close. The loader specs look pretty good. I wish it had just a few more hp's, not that I feel sure that I will need them, but you never know. The CK 30 is too big for me, I feel sure. Any opinions of this tractor and its' capabilities would be much appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
mrbonedog

2005-02-27          106945

I bought my CK20 6 months ago and love it. When I was shopping tractors, I disregarded name brands because ALL compact tractors are offshore made. Therefore I looked strictly at hardware and performance. Kioti has every other comparable model beat when it comes to hardware. Bigger hydraulic cylinders, dual steering cylinders (and husky to boot), cast iron front axle (kubota is aluminum), heaviest to similar models, etc. The CK20 KL120 loader can lift about 1 foot higher (if not more, I don't remember) than the equivilent kubota. That's a big deal! The volvo hydrualics are strong as an ox. I could go on but just do your homework, you'll see.
The only problems I've had is with the dealer I bought mine from. His incompetence has cost me some anguish but I am working it out with another dealer now.

Good luck! ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
RELISH21

2005-05-14          111041

I purchased my CK20HST last week and have been very impressed by its powerand smooth operation of the Backhoe and Loader. Traded up from a BX23 and sure feel like I have a tractor under me. The weight with filled tires does help with the steady foot print. I will be purchasing a box blade and a york rake w/wheels . I think this is the best value in the tractor industrie today. Kioti steel not plastic fenders. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-14          111047

Kioti's seem fine by all accounts, but I wouldn't make a buying decision based on steel vs. plastic body panels. For my needs in the woods plastic panels hold up much better by not denting, scratching and rusting. There's lots of pro and con debates on this in the archives. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
RELISH21

2005-05-14          111051

Steel not plastic was not the message I was trying to put out. It was Steel is expensive plastic is cheap. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-14          111053

Plastic can cost MORE than steel. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
RELISH21

2005-05-14          111056

Figure how Kioti can make a comperable tractor out of steel body panels and the other manufacterers fall to plastic. Look at all the OLD Steel Tractors out there still running and they knew how to build tractors.Steel should not be under estimated . To me steel is a superior material. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-05-14          111058

I used to think steel panels were always best, but now I think the best material depends on the expected use. Metal panels here in the pacific NW take a beating quickly and plastic holds up much better here. If I lived in the dry desert I might prefer steel. Either way, I wouldn't base my tractor choice on the body panel material. YMMV. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-05-14          111063

Hello from the desert!!

The plastic hood on 4115 has survived three rocks and a big chunk of firewood falling on it with no discernible damage.

I am a believer. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-05-15          111070

Mark, do you have covered parking for your 4115? I'm curious how plastic panels are holding up to strong UV. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-05-15          111080

The plastic parts are about a shade more weathered than the metal parts, this after two years out in the elements.

According to the owners manual it will brighten right up with a dose of car wax. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
1999cobra

2005-06-15          112416

Plastic can't be fixed crack a plastic fender and it's GONE (fiberglass is another story) but there not fiberglass there PLASTIC -

Steel can be massaged, worked and knocked or banged back into place - then take a little putty and some touch up paint and your back in business...

Now about the tractor - I have been looking and looking and by far the Kioti for the money, and for what you get - is head and shoulders above the rest - The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is the dealer network. Where I'm located it's a problem no dealers close and the ones that are are noodnicks. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-06-15          112427

Ask people who have owned both and there is no clear cut best material. You like steel, that's fine. Myself, I don't like to do bodywork and always considered bondo a cheap and lazy fix. ....

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-06-16          112432

Some miss info on the Kubota B7610 was given out, the front axle is cast iron. I think the reference is correct on the Trans case being Aluminum on the Kubota versus cast on the Kioti. The B7610 tractor with out loader is about 24 hp and 1360 lbs versus 20 hp and 1965 pounds for the Kioti. The loader specs are very close if you have the Kubota LA352, the Kioti is slightly higher.

If you have lawn mowing use in mind the extra 600 pounds on the Kioti won't be useful. Both very nice machines.

CK 20 owner opinions

View my Photos
1999cobra

2005-06-16          112437

If you want to mow the lawn then buy a craftsman - if you want a tractor buy a Kioti for the money (my opinion based on chairbound research) it's the best machine I have seen vs any comparison in the 20 to 25HP range.

NEGATIVE ='s Dealer network is pathetic in Vermont anyway. Kubota and JD have the dealer network locked. With a slight edge to Kubota. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login