Go Bottom

Price check on a Kioti LB1914

View my Photos
Chuck
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-27          121817

I am new to the small tractor world and ready to purchase my first tractor for use on a small acreage lot and building a new house. I was looking for a Kubota but I have found a Kioti LB1914 with a Kioti front end loader, industrial tires and a 4' brush hog mower deck. This Kioti has 38 hours on it and looks new and is a 2004 model. I can get this tractor for 9500.00 and my questions are is this is a good price, are there problems with this model of Kioti and is the Kioti as dependable as the Kubota tractors?? Thanks in advance for any information!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-12-28          121821

I'm not really sure of current prices, but the price sounds about right to me..
I'm not real familiar with the 1914. But reliabilty on my Kioti DK 35 has been great so far.
I've owned it now for 4 years/ 705 hours and never had a problem,the tractor has never been back to the dealer.( I Replaced a tachometer cable at around 500 hours)

View my Photos
bighead

2006-05-19          129554

I just purchased a 1914 with 350 hours on it. It has a new front loader, a new post hole digger and older 5' bush hog. It is a 2002 model. I paid 8000. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Yours is newer and less hours. Sounds like you did good also. ....

View my Photos
grandlaker

2006-06-07          130607

Don't know if you have bought or not but I would seriously consider buying a bigger tractor if you are building a house. I bought my 1914 for the pasture mowing (2 acres)with a brushhog and it was OK for that but I really needed a little bigger tractor with a front end loader to move large rocks, scrap lumber and sheetrock, etc. I still have the tractor (bought a rear scoop for odds and ends) but I also bought a ZTR mower that cuts the mowing time in half. You will also find that the 1914 doesn't have enough power to work the dirt with a box blade. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-07          130610

If you are building a house I would imagine you might find lots of use for a backhoe also. ....

View my Photos
grandlaker

2006-06-07          130612

Good point on the backhoe, especially if you are acting as the GC or have a contractual relationship with the GC that allows you to help reduce costs by doing some of the work on your own. One thing to think about is that a tractor with a backhoe (construction type) usually does not have a PTO and comes with AG style tires. If you have a farm and plan to use a rotary mower or post hole digger, you will need a PTO. If you want to use the tractor for mowing near your house, you may want turf style sires rather than AG tires. I actually made money buying a bulldozer, using it during construction (which saved the subcontractor cost), and then selling it for more than I paid for it. I also bought a front end loader with a land leveler at the end but lost a little money on it. In the long run, however, I saved a lot of money by owning my equipment.

You may want to think about your tractor in this fashion--buy a larger one you need for construction, complete your house, and then sell or trade it in on a smaller tractor you need for your finished place. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login