Go Bottom

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
juztyn00
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-28          132739

I have a 3054 that I've been bushhogging with and it was working fine.. I stopped and took a break, got back on and no PTO. The lever moves into position in both high and low ranges but it does nothing.... no noise... nada... the linkage is in proper working order which leads me to think i broke something more expensive ... service manual that i have fore it was translated rather poorly. Also noticed what sounded like a bad wheel bearing(well, what a bad wheel bearing sounds like on a car) on the right rear as the tractor was moving.. any thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-28          132761

I sure don't know your tractor but it sure would seem unlikely the pto broke right when you stopped using it.

Are you sure your pto drive shaft is on the tractor's pto shaft, with the guards that can be hard to tell. If it is try, with the tractor off, turning the tractor pto shaft with it engage and see if it does free spin.

Does your pto shaft have a shear pin that was almost sheared and popped right when you applied load to it?

Hopefully it is something very simple that in your rush of concern you over looked.

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
juztyn00

2006-07-29          132786

its something internal. talked to the kioti dealership and the mechanic said it sounded like a broken pto shift fork. Debating if i want to attempt this project with the poorly translated service manual or take it to the dealership. ....

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
OHKI2002

2007-05-18          142186

Definitely a shift fork.
They are like $15
Not a hard job, need a rear pto gasket also.
You probably need to set the clutch too.
If the shift grinds much at all going in, it needs adjusted.

OHKI ....

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
chrlslovsk

2021-09-16          200528

Hard to find any diagrams of PtO fork and associated parts. Any idea where to find data? Having same issues. Planning on repairing myself.
Thanks

I broke my PTO HELP

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2021-09-23          200698

The dealer selling you the parts should be happy to share the data from their repair manuals with you, if not contact the manufacturer themselves, most are very accommodating.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login