Go Bottom

Front end weights

View my Photos
kytractor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-07          136710

Does anyone have a photo of what the bracket looks like for the front end weights? My CK20 rears up when moving a round bale. I called the dealer and he quoted me a price of 178.00 for the bracket but I think I may be able to fabricate one instead.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Front end weights

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-07          136712

After you get the bracket then you need the weights. This is where a loader works nice. Most front weight brackets are quite simple and bolt on to the front face of the tractor frame being held on by four bolts or moe bolts. They extend from four to six inches to the front and some times more depending on the weight style used. They also make a nice front bumper or grille gaurd if you don't have one and many of the newer weight brackets incorporate a grille gaurd into them. ....

Front end weights

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-11-07          136718

And the weights alone can get verrry pricey, plus shipping if you have to order them new. And it seems every manufacturer uses a different variation of mount to hang them off the bracket, so you can't necessarily call any dealership and say "sell me some weights". If you're willing to take a shot at making a bracket then you might want to look at eBay for new or used weights too. I've seen some go for $5 each compared to $50-$80 each new plus shipping. On eBay do a search for "weights" in Business and Industrial and you will find weights for skid steer loaders that will (may) work too as they are very close in design to the ones used on tractors (especially for Deere and New Holland). Don't go for the Bobcat-brand axle weights though as they look like a big, bolt-on, 40 lb. doughnut. ....

Front end weights

View my Photos
kytractor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-08          136740

I figured that ordinary weights (olympic) would work, not necessarily having to buy them from the manufacture. Thanks for the info everyone. ....

Front end weights

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-11-08          136742

I sure don't know what the mount looks like for your tractor but one of mine's would cost that as it is a weighted bumper (Kubota). Find weights and then make a mount to fit them and your tractor. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login