Go Bottom

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
chrillej
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-22          148630

I have been given an offer to buy a CK20 from 2004 in really good shape. Only used for 146 hours. With it comes a loader, a finishing mower, and a backhoe. The backhoe has been used on an another tractor and is not in that good shape.

The asking price is 13.800 for all of it (The price for the backhoe which is also included is 3.500). Is this a good deal?
I have never had a tractor before so please help!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-24          148681

This would get my attention, mainly because of the back hoe. When you say its not in very good shape, what do you mean scecifically? ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
chrillej

2007-11-24          148682

Well, in some way you can see that it has been used a lot and it doesn't seem new in any way. It has some rust, the seat is destroyed, and it just looks like it is not in that great of a shape.

I have not tried it yet so I do not know if there is anything wrong in the hydraulic. This backhoe was on another CK20 tractor from 2004 that had been used for close to 500 hours.

Anything specific that you think I should look into regarding this backhoe and what do you think a tractor like this could be worth? ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-24          148683

I would be looking for anything that might not be within your abality to fix, like mis-alligned pivots or bent parts. Leaking hydro cylinders might get pricey, but you could get new ones- same wiyh the hoses and the seat.

However, you might want to get on the hoe and see what works and what doesnt. Theres a big difference between a hoe that has a few leaks and a hoe that 2 out of 6 funtions dont work at all because the valves are bad. Furthermore, if it has a bad valve, you may not be able to put any pressure to the cylinder to determine if it works, or it's lines are good. Does that make sense?

As long as the tractor is in good shape, which you think it is, I would definately be looking into that machine. ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
chrillej

2007-11-24          148697

Thanks for your answer, and yes it makes sense!

Assume that the backhoe is working okay together with the tractor do you still think that 13.800 is a good price? As I mentioned before the tractor also comes with a front end loader and a 48" finish mower. Does it exist any place where you can look at prices for new and used tractors, like "Kelly Blue Book" for cars?

Just want to make sure that I don't get screwed on this deal.. ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-24          148698

Try tractorhouse.net. If I got that wrong somebody else will probably come along witht he correct site. I will bet though that you are going to have a hard time (anywhere) finding a similar CK20 with a banged up back hoe. ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-24          148699

Sorry- you asked specifically about the price- but before I say anything that you could take me to court over-

Does this machine have a hydrostatic transmission? If it does, it's worth about $1500. ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-11-24          148700

Sorry- you asked specifically about the price- but before I say anything that you could take me to court over-

Does this machine have a hydrostatic transmission? If it does, it's worth about $1500.

With hydro, tractor and mower I would expect to see it listed at $10,500 to $12,000. I'm guessing a new back hoe would be betweent $5000 and $6500. So yes, I think It's a fair price- probably even a good price. ....

Price for a 2004 CK20

View my Photos
Ltigator

2008-09-06          156516

Do you (or the seller) want to sell the hoe seperately? If so, I'd need the entire kit: subframe mount, hydraulic tap and whatever else was used to hook up the hoe. Email me at james.cathell@us.army.mil ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login