Go Bottom

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
mikescam
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-07          169845

I'm new to the sight so forgive me as I learn. I'm looking at purchasing my first tractor. I have my eye on a used 2007 Kioti DK40SE with FEL, box blade and brushhog with 55 hours on it. Asking price is $15,000.00. Can anyone give me some insight into the Kioti and particular experience with this model. After talking to the closest dealer (45 miles away), it seems like a good price. I just don't know much about the Kioti tractors. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-04-08          169847

Mike; Welcome to the form, we don't know everything here but try the best we can to help out.
I'm not picking on Kioty in particualr but I'm not a fan of import anything, cars, junk tools, etc. we can build most anything we need right here in the US.
The major US brand tractors, and I do give exception to Kubota's, they will cost more, but they have good dealer networks with parts for years to come and people who know how to service them.
The Asian brand dealerships I've seen here over the last twenty years or so seem to be short lived.
At trade in time the green, blue, and orange tractors will shine too, you won't get that "You want to trade in a WHAT" reply from a dealer.
As an example a few years ago I sold at auction a Deere 4410 with 500 hrs. for two thousand dollas more than I paid for it new. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-08          169854

I'm no authority but have this impression from what I've heard. On paper you get an immense amount for the buck (sophisticated rear hitch, power steering, ergonomic speed control, oil cooler, subframe, lots of dedicated attachments, etc.). On duty, some owners love theirs but others report a wide variety of problems that they can't get resolved satisfactorily. So assuming it's not on consignment and the former owner is quit of it, I'd track him down and ask him.

You said it's your first? I'd get one from a dealer who's nearby and helpful. Learn about attachments, because they're what do the work, and get those you want as a comprehensive package. If one is a loader (very useful) it should be installed, not offered for later in a box. And read the archives of advice to other novices here. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-08          169856

Mike, I know the local Kioti dealer so so. Talking with him over the last 4 or so years (when he first got that line) the Kioti seems to be a lot of extras such as number or remote hyd connections and such that to me would be nice. The models I have seen seem to be built for FEL and is one reason for all the remote connections. The best I can tell you is per our conversation they are good tractors for the price. Yet have heard him and his people tell of quicks to certain issues. Don't think anything major. Having said that my experience has been with Kubota and Case and I rather have either of those all things considered.

In today's economy you may wish to price a new package (and you may have) might find it not a lot more in price than some used rigs, espeically if you are not paying cash. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-04-09          169868

KT;
Your comment about buying new as a package may be a better choice reminds me of a couple times me trying to buy a good low mile two year old pickup, it just never worked out. For the little difference in cost you got a new warranty, zero miles, etc.. To top it all off right now when I don't need a new pickup or new tractor almost everybody on the planet is offering zero down, zero intrest, not something to overlook. Frank. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
DK35vince

2010-04-11          169926

The DK 40 se are very nice tractors with a lot of nice standard features.
Push button 4 wheel drive, hydraulic rear remotes, independant PTO, draft control, extendable lower link arms on the 3 point hitch, a lever to control the 3 point from the back of the tractor to make hooking up implements easier, the Kioti loaders on the DK models come standard with a skid steer style quick attach bucket. Etc.
Good dealer service or not depends on your local dealer just like any other brand.
I have a 2001 Kioti DK 35 with 1400 hours.Excellant tractor. Very reliable,no problems at all.
I own both John Deere and a Kioti tractor. Parts for my Kioti are as easy to get as they are for my JD. I call the dealer, order the parts and they are mailed to my door. No differance. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
Lwayne

2010-06-15          171569

Hi All:

Just to pick up on the foreign vs. domestic part of this conversation, I have always driven green. But having a Bobcat dealer within 5 minutes drive I decided to get a little more familar. Their take on it is that when Daedong Corporate won the Bobcat brass ring they've been gradually changing Kioti tractors over to Bobcat specs. I drove one of their ct40's w/cab, loader & hydro. To be honest, I didn't notice a thing about that tractor that wasn't just as productive or user friendly as the JD 4720 ehydro I used to own (except it lacked "Loadmatch" and the obvious hp difference). It does have other features that are either options or n/a on the Deere, though. If a guy was dealing on one I'm sure the money difference would be substantinal too. Around here, Bobcat service is considered top notch. Just my 2 cents worth. ....

Kioti DK40Se Tractor

View my Photos
nbhorseshoe

2010-07-17          172346

Yes Sir. I have a 2007 DK 55 and love it.. No problems.. They talk about foreign stuff.. Some JD models has Yanmar engines.. Kioti is much better than today's JD, in my opinion..Kioti and Kubota are neck and neck!!!That is a good price for all your are getting..Also, the dealer is not that far away should you need parts, filters, belts, etc.. I would not take that for mine!! Enjoy! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login