Go Bottom

Kioti DK65 Cab Glass breakage

View my Photos
timanddeb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-01-31          182242

We own a dk65 since 2009. In 2010 my son was using the tractor to push around old tree limbs and brush, a branch come around the tire and touched the side window and it shattered and we replaced. In November 2011 the bale spear draft wasn't set right and the bale touched the back window and it blew to pieces. We ordered it and it took about three weeks to get here from? Now here we are January 2012(1 1/2 months later)we put out hay last thursday evening, put the tractor into the shed for the night. Went into the shed Friday morning and low and behold the window and rubber is laying across the bale spear except for where it was attached to the hinges, it still had the top of the glass attached to it. And now they are tell us they won't stand behind it, because not enough people have had this problem. Can anyone give me any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-01          182247

Well it does sound like it is breaking as safety glass should.

Who installed the back glass? Could it have not been installed properly? To me makes me think might be an installation issue.

Have no experience with a glassed cab but you might be better off to consider replacing with say lexan but it has it faults also. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-02          182252

I figured that when my Yanmar goes to the Great Scrapyard, I'd get a Kioti, so I'm touched by your report that two other "touches" by different things broke your cab glass and that a third pane (if I read it right) failed sponaneously.

Well, one person's "touch" is another's "smash" so if you want to make a case (by yourself in Small Claims Court or through an attorney who practices consumer law) you need evidence that the material does not withstand the normal rigors that you had a right to expect. For instance, let a light board tip onto another pane while you videotape the process that leads to another break.

Otherwise, you don't have to wait for replacements to come from South Korea and pay Kioti's price. Get a sheet of material used for this (I don't know, but ask around) such as Lexan or the cheaper Lucite, which you can cut to shape with tools like jigsaw, file, sander, drill. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-02-02          182264

This thread came to my mind today as I passed a DOT tractor with boom mower on it. Even driving by parked tractor could tell it was lexan and was bolted in place on the cab. Cab looked not to be a JD cab and might have been fabricated locally. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login