Go Bottom

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
sdswes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-12-30          188564

Has anyone had a problem with the frame on D40 backhoe
the main frame broke where the pins are that hold it in where top part of frame is welded on the bottom pieces. Would like any comments you might have. If you want to see pictures please e mail me. Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
sdswes

2013-12-30          188565

Picture Link

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
sdswes

2013-12-30          188566

break on frame ....

Picture Link

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-04          188587

Pretty amazing that it broke. Were you putting any unusual force on it when it broke? Is the backhoe and frame the correct match for the tractor? Tractor hydraulics are all at factory specifications? Was it the weld that broke? ....

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
sdswes

2014-01-10          188639

Thank you for asking, No, I was on my way in from the woods with a loader bucket full of pine wood when the backhow dropped down . The frame broke (rectangular) broke on top and down each side the bottom just bent. The tracdtor was bought new with backhow and loader bucket in 2009(date on picture is not correct) There is a weld on the top where the frame is doubled from there back. The tractor is used mostly to bring in firewood. I did some backhoe work for township,dug grave,and swimming pool.One problem with the backhoe is the outriggers don't stay tight about 5 minutes work and I have to tighten them.When taken in for the warranty inspection this problem was mentioned to them they stated nothing was wrong with it. This problem causes the tractor to move. Do you feel this could be part of the problem. Thank you ....

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-01-12          188648

I'm sure the outriggers not staying tight would add to the problem. However, I can't think of any good reason why the backhoe frame should fail under normal operating conditions. To me it sounds like poor design or a manufacturing failure. Sorry to hear about this. I would bring this to the dealer's attention. ....

koiti backhoe frame

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-01-13          188655

It has been years since I worked with welding inspection so may be off here, but it looks like right at a weld. If it is look for damage to the metal itself such as base metal being cut out with the welding itself and thus weakening it. Think it is called undercut and should be easy to see with paint off of it. At same time the metal may had a weak area there and it just took time for it to flex enough to break.

I suspect the shock loads that frame gets is more from driving over rough road then digging would be. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login