Go Bottom

Kioti LK3054 Mystery part under valve cover

View my Photos
bufordberry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-08          193603

A year ago I bought a late 90's/early 2000 pre XS Kioti LK3054 tractor with 700 hours. I changed the oil, filters, and hydraulic fluid and it ran until last month. While it was idling, it started knocking. I shut it off and took it to my diesel mechanic. I also bought a shop manual for him to reference. When he took off the valve cover, he found a piece laying on top of the head. It is about 3/4 inches long, is threaded on 1 end and has a screwdriver slot on the other. It is about 3/16 inches in diameter and has a hole in the middle (you can push a wire through it). It has some dings on it and he thinks it may have gotten under one of the rockers and was causing the noise. It appears to be an oiler of some type. However, we cannot find this piece referenced in the shop manual or on any online parts website. He has taken off the head, oil pan, and the gear case. The pistons, rods, rod bearings, timing gears, crank and etc, all look good and are tight. He's had 4 people look and no one can find where this piece goes or where it came from. Does anyone have an idea of what it is? We're beginning to think it's a foreign part that got dropped in the valve cover, but it's hard to believe how that could happen and that it hasn't cause any trouble for 100 hours of operation.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-09          193608

I'm not saying this was the case, but it has been known for disaffected assembly workers to sabotage units by dropping a foreign body into an unseen place. And I believe there was labor trouble at the Dingdong (or whatever it's called) works back then. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-09-09          193614

Taking Auerbach thought a little further how about it was glued to the valve cover either on purpose or by accident and has come lose?

Back to Auerbach's thought years ago a Ford Mechanic tell about their finding such on I think the higher priced models mostly. ....

View my Photos
bufordberry

2015-09-11          193643

I found out what the part is. It is called a screw holder and goes in the rocker arm pedista1. Not sure how it got out of there. Maybe my mechanic accidently did it or it was out all along. Thanks for everyone's replies. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login