Go Bottom

Is LB1914 old style Kubota

View my Photos
danjameskelly
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-09          90406

Now that all Kioti dealers are gone from Middle Tn, The dealer that sold me the 1914 said it was the old style Kubota and parts & works are the same on both machines.
Was that a line or can I get a Kubota repair manual for the Kioti? I'm stuck and need some help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
wallace

2004-07-14          90910

You will never be stuck with having the internet any and everything you want and need will be at your finger tips all you have to do is just ask and I am sure a dealer such as myself will be more than happy to get you what you need.
As far as the kubota thing I have never changed out parts with a Kioti. ....

View my Photos
bigtractor

2004-07-14          90932

Yep when our tractors come in they have no stickers we have a choice of what brand we want to call them.
Nothin ta do with the other K brand ....

View my Photos
danjameskelly

2004-07-15          90944

Wallace how can I contact you about getting a repair manual
and parts that I need.
My email is danny.kelly*state.tn.us ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-06          113110

i do not know if these are old kubota design...but they look alike..the lb 1914 look alike the kubota b 21..same rear lights...wheel dimensions....and hp....but may be it is only what appears...do kioti bought the plans from kubota or original designers? my dealer said the parts from kubota fits the kioti....is it true?... ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-06          113116

Just took one in trade this past week. There are many near copies but otherwise there is to much obvious to think that even an air cleaner element might be the same. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-07          113122

Art, didn't Kubota sell Kioti there old die's when they first started out? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-07          113123

I had heard that one too! It even fooled the fellow I took it in from as he as well as his son told me he thought it was a Kubota when they bought it! Looking at the tractor next to what I've seen from Kubota I'd say they just copied some of the external pieces like hood latches, some of the dash components, the wheel studs instead of all bolts and a few extra pieces to boot. I don't think Kubota has ever needed to sell off anything but big companies have often suprised me as to what they do and their reasons why. ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-07          113126

according to my seller...mr payeur from ascott corner ..74 years old..and spend all is life selling tractors including kubotas...lb1914 is entirely made from kubota parts..and you can interchange parts from companies...is it the truth? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-07          113128

There might be a few parts but not many, this is an old story as they did a good job trying to make them look like them. Dae Dong did it's homework and it put them on the tractor map but even looking at the old 2150, B-9200 there are a lot of differences to say they would ever be the same. ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-07          113130

WELL....engine is the same...tranny is the same...so they copy them according to you?...or do they buy the plans from the original designer?...this old story should be answer once and for all..as the story goes on an on...and the truth is lying somewhere... ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-12          113336

Who said the engine or the transmissions are the same? ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-12          113340

that is my dealer...unfortunately i am not an expert in the area so i have to rely on his words ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-13          113397

Find someone else that knows the industry and tractors better. I won't go any further with my thoughts. ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-13          113399

on the contrary...if you have informations to the contrary ..please lets us know so we will benefit from your knowledge.. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-07-13          113400

Ask your dealer exactly which model Kubota the LB1914 is supposed to be. He probably can't answer. My understanding (all hearsay) is that Kioti basically copied a Kubota and Kubota sued them over it. A copy is not an original. Like the Soviet Buran space shuttle looks like the NASA shuttle but I doubt any parts are interchangeable. ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-13          113402

well...i already ask this question..answer...kubota b21...as for the legal sue...well the base of the action was that the colors were too similar between the companies and kubota claimed that the orange and blue is their trade mark...the sue was never complete as kioti agree to change their color which is now grey and orange... as for the engine...kioti bought the same plans from the original designer this would explain why they have both the same engine (design) is it the truth? i don t know..legend and false informations are hard to distinguish...hope someone will make it clear.... ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-14          113454

Just to look at the spec's quickly tells you that the LB1914 weighs about 400 to five hundred lbs more just to start with but otherwise the transmission is a 9 and three on that model Kubota not a 8x8 like on the Kioti 1914! That model trans was used on the L-series which is also where the matching hood latches and near match console for the reverser. The LB1914 that I took in trade was also sold with the same sales pitch of it being the Kubota tractor. With out any doubt people have been trying to sell the Kioti as a Kubota but it is far from the truth. ....

View my Photos
kiotiyap

2005-07-14          113457

that is interesting....so..if the differences are so obvious...then we should conclude that these brands are totaly different....period....and thank you for your knowledge....i will surely transfer these info. to my dealer who is selling both brands!..this is misleading info and this should not be continued..thanks a lot. ....

View my Photos
hurliman

2006-11-28          137415

1914 engine is part for part the same as a D950 Kubota engine used in B8200. Trans and rear diff are from the L235 Kubota! Kioti used to build Kubota tractors years ago! Get a shop manual from a Kubota D950, then get one for the Kioti and compare compare. All the same. Just some free advice from an ex Kioti and an ex Kubota dealer. As far as the engine goes, Kioti doesn't copy Kubota.....they just pay the Germans for the rights to build the same engine. ....

View my Photos

2008-11-22          158070

I have a kioti LB 1714 with a bad motor.I also have a good kubota D950 and I would like to install this motor in the kioti.Was this ever done before. ....

View my Photos
sl3uth

2012-11-10          185445

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I was hoping someone might be able to answer this last question, as I am in the same boat...er, tractor. I have an LB1914 with cracked head, and it seems I can buy a Kubota D950 for about the same as a replacement head for my Kioti TD950 engine. Would love to know if the D950 would be a bolt-in replacement for my TD950.

Thanks! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login